Are we worried about future restrictions

Status
Not open for further replies.
if we keep building them bigger and more powerful and automatic... yepr they sure will be regulated... and not internally.
not to be to controversial but i really doubt any regulations would effect people being able to use the low power guns they love.
and i am 100% anti regulations. i dont wont to see it.
i think the thought that oh we will stop high power guns or ar looking guns and stay off the rador is just foolishness.
like mentioned ubove it is about changing the clulture. no differant than what has happened in my life time.

In the near term I think the only realistic risk is in states that already try to limit heavily things that people do with firearms. Federally it's good to remember that our favorite three letter agency was put in power by legislation. That legislation limits them to powder burners. They are, in my view, trying to stretch the boundries with moderators but it's hard to see how they get significantly into airguns without congress passing a new law which doesn't seem feasible in the near term. It's also good that the supreme court is willing to look at the constitution literally which also limits what can be done to restrict our rights if somebody with deep enough pockets wants to press the issue - even in the anti-gun states.

So I don't worry a lot but I do worry enough to hang onto a pellet mold that makes pellets my guns will shoot even though they don't shoot real well. If I have a mold and some lead I can keep having fun. The current attacks seem to be the supply chain. Powder burner ammo is much more expensive and less readily available. Now the gun companies can't export. Primers are still reportedly hard to find. Pellets might join that list but I hope not. Doesn't seem likely.

There’s an uncomfortable truth about the role airguns have come to play in the US. It was true 10 years ago, but manufacturers have finally started to catch on.

Namely, for folks who have had their 2A rights revoked—for whatever reason—airguns are their only recourse. For these people, airguns are essentially stand ins for firearms, with all potential usages (hunting, sport, and the other thing) on the table.

Now before anyone jumps down my throat, consider that many beloved members of this community may well be in that position. People make mistakes in their youth, they get caught up in things and lose control of their lives, they suffer and then recover from mental illnesses and addictions—all things that will get people put on Federal DO NOT SELL lists forever. Many of these people grow up and change their ways, become law abiding, tax paying, home owning, hard working, family raising members of society who are indistinguishable from anyone else other than for the fact that they can’t legally purchase firearms. And because they don’t want to break the law, they turn to the next best option: airguns.

Manufacturers like AEA, Hatsan, Edgun, Huben with its new semi-auto pistol doing the same FPE as a 22LR—they all understand this, and are feeding the market. So when we talk about anxiety around additional federal regulations, we’re talking about a lot of things, but in particular we’re talking about these folks losing the remainder of their rights. And if you’re about to say that ex cons and recovered addicts shouldn’t be allowed to own guns anyway so who cares, keep in mind that the ones with nefarious intentions will just go out and buy guns illegally. It’s the ones who have learned from their mistakes and changed for the better—who refuse to break the law again and take advantage of a legal loophole with airguns—who will suffer.

Now before anyone jumps down my throat, consider that many beloved members of this community may well be in that position. People make mistakes in their youth, they get caught up in things and lose control of their lives, they suffer and then recover from mental illnesses and addictions—all things that will get people put on Federal DO NOT SELL lists forever. Many of these people grow up and change their ways, become law abiding, tax paying, home owning, hard working, family raising members of society who are indistinguishable from anyone else other than for the fact that they can’t legally purchase firearms. And because they don’t want to break the law, they turn to the next best option: airguns.

Manufacturers like AEA, Hatsan, Edgun, Huben with its new semi-auto pistol doing the same FPE as a 22LR—they all understand this, and are feeding the market.
This will be a very unpopular statement, not trying to offend anyone, but I truly believe this a big reason why airguns that weigh 3 times more and are not as good as a Marlin 22 rifle cost $1,200. before you buy a compressor rather than $150-$300. Not because they have a couple of extra parts in them. They are making more than 100% profit on them. Just my feelings on it and I think they are taking advantage of everyone with these ridiculous prices.

Status
Not open for further replies.