• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Are we predator or prey? Depends on where we live.

The way I read this story, the mountain lion was out teaching her kids to hunt, and by far the easiest prey are those stupid two legged animals especially the young ones. After all, they rarely fight back and they certainly aren’t dangerous.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/mountain-lion-attack-california-mother-5-year-old/

You don’t really read articles like this from Montana or Idaho or northern Minnesota for that matter. Because the cougars are scared crapulous of humans. Maybe there is something to that old hunting thing, huh. 

mike

As much as I love CA our wildlife management is a little out of whack evident from the article thanks to all the tofu-karens out there. they will put wild life above all else while ignorant enough to put wildlife in danger at the same time. Wildlife has to be wild and only way for that to happen is to be away from people. Granted that’s harder to do now since we are building into their homes but this coexist thing doesn’t work because eventually someone will get eaten, just search for mountain lion attacks in CA and you will find quite a few incidents and most of them are suburban areas and one neighborhood park(look for whiting ranch) it happened 3 times! These mountain lions have to be trapped and relocated or simply destroyed if found lingering too close to people, it is for everyone’s benefit but obviously tofu-Karen’s can’t see that and force everyone to “co-exist” while everyone will get hurt eventually. 

I will say this again, when people loses touch with the source of food they also lose touch with life in general. Food doesn’t magically grow with cline wrap around it, for us to live something had to died even if it was a plant. 

Yep in CA you’re prey... prop117 added mountain lion protection to the state constitution. The only way to get rid of it is with another proposition to repeal it.

If it were my son, I’d sue the state for damages and reckless endangerment. The adult lion was collared so DFG knew where it was and how close to a population area it was. There is no excuse for this to happen. 

You folks in other states should get proactive and get changes made to your state constitutions to prevent the management of dangerous animals by popular vote. If you think it won’t happen in your state..LOL..where do you think the Californicators are moving now that they’ve f’ed up CA? Most will be bringing their Voting preferences with them to ID MT WY UT etc.

And you folks in CA that think they are afforded self protection, be aware you will be prosecuted if you shoot a lion that has not yet attacked you or killed a pet or domestic animal...actively stalking you doesn’t count as an attack. It will be what the game warden thinks happened.

Tofu- Karen that's a good one🤣

There has also been multiple incidents of coyotes running down people (pack hunting) and eating them, they can be very dangerous in numbers.

I agree with all the opinions made here, although 9 out of every 10 people I've met in my business that have moved here from California are not bringing they're stupid ideology with them. They have left because they're fed up and want to live in a free state. I could be wrong, and maybe there are more of the 'other' ones, but at least that gives me hope they're not just coming here too mess our place up. 

There has also been multiple incidents of coyotes running down people (pack hunting) and eating them, they can be very dangerous in numbers.

Links please.

I’m not disputing you, but multiple incidents? Source please.

I absolutely know they will lure in a domestic dog and then attack as a pack.

I did witness a single coyote trying to sneak up (stalk) a lady walking a yipper dog, probably after the dog not the lady. I was driving up to the scene and when I realized what was happening, laid on the horn scaring it off. When I told the lady what was happening, she refused to believe me. She absolutely did not believe that a coyote would do that.

Links please.

I’m not disputing you, but multiple incidents? Source please.

I absolutely know they will lure in a domestic dog and then attack as a pack.

I did witness a single coyote trying to sneak up (stalk) a lady walking a yipper dog, probably after the dog not the lady. I was driving up to the scene and when I realized what was happening, laid on the horn scaring it off. When I told the lady what was happening, she refused to believe me. She absolutely did not believe that a coyote would do that.

WillM, sorry, don't have any links, just remember hearing about several attacks years ago (5-10?)on news, guess I'll take their word for it? Not to much fake news back then...But they said the experts found the girls body who had been out jogging, re- traced the incident and found where she had started running and multiple coyotes had closed in on her, ran her down and eaten her. Another report (maybe a few years later) basically said the same but was a young man.

I've heard reports of mountain lion attacks before this one, don't think it's too much of a stretch to think the same about other wild animals.

Here in Texas, we have had several feral pig attacks where they have killed people in their front yards.

Being 4th generation Idahoan I don’t see the state’s politics changing for a generation,

Plus a lot of people who are moving from Cali will have to greatly increase enough to make “Sylvester” a protected species anytime soon.

Growing up in the state like Idaho you learn you aren’t at the top of the food chain quickly. Even my tree hugger friends who are native Idahoans know that we need to take precautions when you leave the car. My sister live in Pocatello and live in the mountains overlooking the city. They have cougar, coyotes, etc, and thus my 9mm accompanies me when I leave the truck and head into the mountains.

download.png
View attachment coyote-attacks.1630882419.pdf

Did not read the doc just looked for it.

The typical human thinking they can kill a charging grizzly offhand with a handgun when they are unprepared are idiots too. I got into a discussion with a guy saying he could drop a full sized charging grizzly with a 9mm CCW gun, I just nodded with a very obvious “sure buddy sure buddy” thinking really, MAYBE with a 44 Mag you might stand a chance. The 9 MM will just piss the grizzly off. Best way to avoid being lunch is avoid contact, aka you are NOT at the top of the food chain out there unless you are actively hunting them, which is again, who hunts and who is the hunted.

The typical human thinking they can kill a charging grizzly offhand with a handgun when they are unprepared are idiots too. I got into a discussion with a guy saying he could drop a full sized charging grizzly with a 9mm CCW gun, I just nodded with a very obvious “sure buddy sure buddy” thinking really, MAYBE with a 44 Mag you might stand a chance. The 9 MM will just piss the grizzly off. Best way to avoid being lunch is avoid contact, aka you are NOT at the top of the food chain out there unless you are actively hunting them, which is again, who hunts and who is the hunted.

9mm, for bear?

He should lose his right to carry firearms with that stupidity. Or maybe he'll go camping in Montana, and natural selection will do what it does best.

Now that has been an amusing thread!! 🤣

▪ the tofo-Karens

▪ and the Californicators

▪ and the natural selection that will take care of them all... 🤣

O wait, we forgot:

▪ snowflake-Simon

▪ tree-hugger-Harold

▪ green-peace-Patty

🔸Sorry, personally I think:

California is extremely beautiful

▪ I like snow

▪ I like trees and I plant them

▪ I thank God for the peace we enjoy

Green is a nice color.

But it's the ideology that Karen, Simon, Harold, and Patty attach to these otherwise good things that I can't stomach.

Just the like tofu....

Matthias