Are we an easy target for anti-airgun regulation?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aye time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills it's pupils. :cool:

"History is littered with wars which everybody knew would never happen." ~Enoch Powell

“The earth is still going round the sun, and neither the dictators nor the bureaucrats, deeply as they disapprove of the process, are able to prevent it.” ~George Orwell

Last edited:
Reactions: BurntDog
Four year old thread that’s been rehashed over and over in many ways and forms. Each never end well.

Why?? This type along with moderator concerns(that never end well once politics are introduced) are two topics not to choose in order to get your 10 posts in
I am well past ten post so what's your point? You have something against deprogramming misinformation from the masses?

Reactions: SHOMER
i got an idea, lets let topics like 'convicted felon airgunner' stay on the front page of the most visible advertisement for airguns around, the main forum .. yeah thats the ticket .. thats how we keep a 'low profile' and not get noticed lol ..
Wow, this is a perfect example of people in fear of their government. America, the land of the FREE this shouldn't even be a concern. But, like I have been saying for years now, We are Not a Free country we have become a country of privileges and a privilege can be revoked at any time for any reason. We haven't fought back as we should have so, in a very real way We deserve to continue to lose more and more rights it's what happens to cowards. I feel heart broken for those of us that are willing to stand up but if we don't stand in large numbers it's a fight we will lose. Can we please stop turning this thread into a political battle among ourselves. Thank you

Maybe we shouldn't keep creating discussions about it to put in the eyes of people we don't want touching it.
I understand what you were saying. However this is America I will not just burry my head pretend it will fix itself and hope some politician will save us, it will never happen. Here it comes, how many times have you heard this? “The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.”

I understand what you were saying. However this is America I will not just burry my head pretend it will fix itself and hope some politician will save us, it will never happen. Here it comes, how many times have you heard this? “The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.”

I have heard it a million times , my point is, it isn't an issue right now, why accelerate it with discussion, we don't have to fight for anything right now on a national level. Let it stay at state level where a few states do consider them firearms (like jersey) . The colonists did A LOT in secret....

I have heard it a million times , my point is, it isn't an issue right now, why accelerate it with discussion, we don't have to fight for anything right now on a national level. Let it stay at state level where a few states do consider them firearms (like jersey) . The colonists did A LOT in secret....
Jersey yea I know all about Jersey, don't miss it at all, lol

Oh wait, I have to call myself out as a possible hypocrite because I did just buy a covert rifle case that looks nothing like a firearms case and we both know why. Out of sight out of mind.

• Love
Reactions: _CTAIRGUNNER_
I don't think any of you have hit on the ROOT CAUSE. It's the people that get elected to represent us.
Just an simple question - When was the last time you've read the:
Declaration of Independence?
Bill of Rights?
United States Constitution?
Encouraged your Friends, Family and neighbors to do the same.

Until we get people educated on what ALL our rights are these types of issues will continue.
The above is Not a Political Statement as it doesn't deal with "Parties"

Smitty

I don't think any of you have hit on the ROOT CAUSE. It's the people that get elected to represent us.
Just an simple question - When was the last time you've read the:
Declaration of Independence?
Bill of Rights?
United States Constitution?
Encouraged your Friends, Family and neighbors to do the same.

Until we get people educated on what ALL our rights are these types of issues will continue.
The above is Not a Political Statement as it doesn't deal with "Parties"

Smitty
I have two copies 5 feet away from me and the bible 2 feet away. Sadly I am not a big reader do to I would say poor reading comprehension so where you may read a large paragraph once and get it I may need to read it again. At least I do refer to them when in doubt.

I have two copies 5 feet away from me and the bible 2 feet away. Sadly I am not a big reader do to I would say poor reading comprehension so where you may read a large paragraph once and get it I may need to read it again. At least I do refer to them when in doubt.
I have pocket ones I carry. I've attempted to read Former SCJ Meads book on the Constitution with all the follow up laws that have been passed but it's like 3" thick, with lots of legalez.
We can add to that list the Bible (of Course), the Federalist and Anti-Federalist papers.

Smitty

Reactions: BurntDog
And that's how we got to where we are. :oops:

Smitty
Where we are is pretty good compared to many others and to where we could be. I would much rather be here than almost anywhere else in the world!

I am so tired of all these “The Sky is Falling” posts. This one is being rehashed and it is 4 YEARS OLD!

Sure, the world could end tomorrow, but it probably won’t.

In the meantime, how about we talk about (and go shoot) our airguns?

This is what brainwashing looks like in the beginning people. Your thinking is absurd (if you actually think this way). In others words you're being unrealistic. FYI, a citizen can legally own a canon. I am only pointing out how what you said is a misguided and misinformative way of attempting to make a point.

But isn't the 2nd amendment line of reasoning similarly absurd? Airguns aren't guns, just like neutron bombs aren't guns. So how is the 2nd amendment relevant?

Status
Not open for further replies.