• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Are used prices high

IMG_20211129_142203.1638213763.jpg
I bought this 30 cal 3 years ago from aoa with a good hawk 16 power sidewinder for 850.Since i have installed new impact barrel system heavy hammer.Huma reg someone gave me new.So i figured with bothe pellet and slug liner i would ask 1000.I get up on airgun worriors to see if there were any for sale.There was one 25 cal for 1600 and it was mk1 1600. And 2 30 cals like mine one 1300. and another 1500.And mine has a hugget. Even with the stuff i have done to mine I really dont think its value would be over a thousand.There was also a leaking mk1 impact for 1750 i cant remeber what sight.ZBut he wasn't charging more for the leak.

Reactions: boscoebrea
Used prices are always subject to debate. I've ways been willing to buy or sell a rifle that is truly as new, in the box with all docs, for 85% of the best new price. I think that recognizes some depreciation, and offers some incentive to take the risk of a used rifle. But again, that is for a legitimate as-new rifle. From there, it can be anything. And I you have done any modifications, expect a discount. Even those of us who like to tinker, don't want to buy someone else's tinkering. Some folks know what they're doing, some are incompetent, and some are dishonest. If you tinker, keep meticulous documentation of exactly what was done. Show that you know what you're doing.

Yeah people are nuts sometimes and want new price for there stuff and try to low ball other people when buying stuff ran into that trying to trade stuff they would give me new price they spent on there stuff and then a used price / street value for my stuff just because it's priced that high doesn't mean they will get that for it . Some people are willing to deal so they start high but others aren't and get offended by a low ball offer so idk 

Yes, some brands are priced high,suppy and demand thing, others are priced fair and some are a good deal.

Was posted earlier,when used prices are not at least 20% lower than new ,buy new.I am a 30% or more guy as I need to be enticed to buy.

Same, except then I wonder why is it so cheap. Is something wrong with it? LOL. Every day a struggle!