• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!
  • The AGN App is ready! To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Are there plans around for portable target stands? Lets see yours.

Over the years I have come to stay away from paper targets unless I really need them for accuracy testing. I have a good pile of bricks left over from my home build many years back. I also brought home from work small pieces of heavy sheetmetal. I find painting the bricks and sheetmetal with spray paint then shoot at them instead of replacing paper. A single hit gives a nice small aiming point then just move over and make another hit for a new group. Both the steel plates and the bricks make the pellets just flatten out with no richochets. Whether it rains or wind blows no paper to chase or replace, just a quick shot of spray paint and good as new.

for portable Benchrest shooting we use a PVC frame with a backer made from half of a 24x18 political sign or real estate sign w/ official targets are 11x17

the 12x18 backer is slid into slotted wood on the frame
002-target-stand_0720.1627610428.JPG

@kayaker where did you get the holders that can be adjusted? Love that setup!

I bought the square tubing then added a piece of angle to the inside to take up some slack . Then on the outside I added a piece of flat bar and slotted it to hold the cardboard . The spinners are just flat bar with a twist on one end then a steel washer welded to it ,simple setup but I was a welder by trade . They are kind a crude but I don't have the equipment as when I was working .