• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Are there any of the "good" walnut stocked Vulcans out there anymore?

I've narrowed down my list and there's a good chance I'll go with a .25 Vulcan. Like some of you, I've noticed that there is a huge discrepancy in how these things look. I'd love a really nice wood stock on it, but if it's going to be the plain as dirt stock that many seem to come with now, I may opt for the synthetic instead. 

Have any of you seen any of the pretty ones floating around? or were there just a few of those with lots of pictures?

You might want to contact AoA. I just bought a used FX Cyclone with a used, older style walnut stock they happened to have in the back. The stock I got is "blemished", but it still looks great. (And I won't have to feel bad about the first scratch I put on it myself.) I'm thrilled because I thought that particular style of stock was impossible to find anymore.

At the price point these guns are selling at, all the wood stocks should be extra nice. I have never and will never buy a high dollar air rifle without seeing the wood I'm getting. Daystate and Air Arms are pretty darn good with the wood they put on their rifles. Many dealers will send you a picture of the wood you are getting if you ask.

I think this is becoming a common trend on all rifles these day's I have many rifles where the stocks although still well made and well finished they do not represent the promotional rifles we see when a manufacturer releases a new product. Im a member of the Daystate owners club and its not uncommon to hear that people are requesting "nice grain stock" and in some case actually paying extra for one like we all see in the product release pictures. Out of all the rifles I have bought only one has came with a stock that actually represents what we see in the promotional releases (a limited edition pulsar)

for instance hears my Pulsar I know its not Vulcan but this problem is with all manufactures:

Now heres a random Pulsar off the internet:

I think its now down to us to start rejecting rifles we get that don't represent what we all see at the shows or in the magazines. im sure some of us really don't care what the grain of the wood looks like as long as the gun performs but some of us do.

Just my opinion anyway.

I agree on this one. I don't like the pale yellow stocks that are now coming in on the Vulcan. The best option is to pester your dealer into sending you one with some character. I was lucky that way. My stock is a darker shade and I love that. Haven't yet seen anyone with the exact stock which Daxx posted a picture of on top. I don't know if anyone had tried this but I guess one could use maybe a colour laminate polish to darken the stock on their Vulcan. Of course you will need to get this done by someone who knows what they are doing to avoid messing up the stock completely.