Are the Korean guns still relevant?

With all the advances in these last few years is there still a place for the Korean guns like the Sam Yang (now Seneca) and others?

They still offer the cheapest bang for your buck and are still just as effective, but people seem to be wanting to stretch things - a similar trend to PB’s.

Anyways just bored at work and musing.. I’d happily have a Yang or Seneca.

My ol JkHann iludia still shoots as good as day I got it 
FB606BC4-4A7D-47F5-B9E5-1DF8A96CEFC6.1625011022.jpeg

I really like mine. Thought I’d selling them several times. When I think about selling a rifle I spend about week shooting it. Well my Sam Yang.22, .25 & .50 have never made it to the chopping block. I just finished my Dragon Claw the other day & I’ll be using it this deer season. I did some mods to it & got it up to 294fpe with 240gr slugs. I’ve had it for a while & never even taken anything with it, I’ve always only bow hunted but the Dragon Claw will be in the woods this year. 

It’s not a big bore but I got my Sumatra .25 somewhat together today & put a couple 45gr slugs over the chrony real quick. 200bar fill, 45gr slug yielded 970fps for 94fpe & I’m still tweeking it. Got some 55gr slug to try out now. Gonna try & break the 100fpe mark which should be fairly easy I think. If it’s accurate with the 55gr slugs it’s gonna make a heck of a coyote gun 

Reactions: DesertSilver
After having owned and tested my fair share of contemporary regulated-PCP WunderGuns including Kalibrgun, AGT, FX, and Daystate, in my opinion the Korean maxi-blasters are only pertinent to shooters who can appreciate practically simple design, dependability, and excellent accuracy... at a fraction of the cost of anything that will shoot with them. And as strange-looking as I used to find the Career 2 707 (and ilk), I now find them 'uniquely' endearing; and no more off-putting than the plumbers-nightmare black-rifle PCPs now all the rage.

After DE-tuning to achieve actual bell-curve power-bands (still at great power), I've gotten long-range accuracy results with the Korean lever-actions that have yet to be bettered by anything (airgun) at any price. Mind you, the Sumatra groups are SIX-shot, Career groups five-shot.

25 Sum Groups.1626285406.JPG

My .25 Sumatra DE-tuned to 'just' 63 foot-pounds to return a 30 shot bell-curve power-band consistently averages 1.25-1.50" SIX-shot groups at 100 yards.

Sumatra at 97.1626285572.JPG

A similarly DE-tuned .22 Sumatra posted these SIX-shot groups at 'only' 97 yards.

And a DE-tuned .25 Career 2 707 got these 2 five-shot groups at 97 yards-

Career 1.1626285844.JPG

Today's big bore scene is incredible ( what a change from just a few years back )

Koreans still have the cool old school factor but powerwise they are definitely been left in the dust.

really depends on who has power tuned them.

400fpe is plenty from the dragon claw, if the operator does there part.........