• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Are SKOUT Airguns real?

For $3000 bucks its still doesn't have a premium hand lapped barrel!! I know they make there own barrel and are dipping it but not my cup of tea. If a barrel isn't hand or machined lapped its not really benchrest. When I see a airgun manufacturer using a premium bench rest barrel ill be excited😀 Come on try a shieln Krieger broughton benchmark grid barrels just to name a few. Barrels are a big deal

Reactions: K9Air
Don't get me wrong, it looks really nice and high quality machining, it's just unappealing to my eyes. Even if it shoots perfect and has the best shot count/power in its class, I still wouldn't spend 3K on one. If I had 3K to spend on air rifles, I'd buy a couple guns.

I do prefer a traditional wood style carbine gun so that does make me biased. If they stuff this valve setup into a Monte Carlo stock, I'd be more interested.
I’m really hoping it gets prettier when shot!! It most definitely looks like a video game rifle. Kinda looks like some sort of super soaker.

I have no idea if they’re worth 3k, but I have one in front of me. This was a surprise gift from my brother, who I kinda introduced to PCP airguns. Pellets arrive Wednesday, so I’ll know more then. Sure is a funky gun, kinda badass, kinda hokey…also, the talking is easily turned off.View attachment 333803
Congrats! That's one hellava gift.

Don't get me wrong, it looks really nice and high quality machining, it's just unappealing to my eyes. Even if it shoots perfect and has the best shot count/power in its class, I still wouldn't spend 3K on one. If I had 3K to spend on air rifles, I'd buy a couple guns.

I do prefer a traditional wood style carbine gun so that does make me biased. If they stuff this valve setup into a Monte Carlo stock, I'd be more interested.
Agreed....doesn't look "good" to me so it's hard for me to see myself forking over 3 grand to buy one. Looks heavy as all hell too.

Reactions: Dr. Kralenstein
kinda badass, kinda hokey
That seems to be the perfect explanation for how it looks! I looked at it and went 'hmmm'. Not sure I'll ever get one, but interesting and innovative for sure. We do live in good times to be an airgunner. There are enough choices for all budgets out there that we can afford to be picky on looks, and that's a good thing!

Reactions: Dr. Kralenstein
Was this a post in an attempt for Skout to send you one for review ? I saw in another post you suggesting your services. I’m surprise you are sticker shocked when the price was mentioned before in another thread you commented on.
Skout has never answered an email from me. They will not be sending me a gun for review. I was going to buy one, but I can't afford $3k. If it was $2200, I would have bought one yesterday. I got burned on the Delta Wolf...not doing that again.

I didn't catch the price in the first thread.

Last edited:
If the skout lives up to the hype, I see more of them selling. Similar to when the impact first debut, the wildcat sold more units. Its looks were more in line with what people liked at the time. Then people started shooting competitions with the impact, and winning. That brought the following. I STILL think the impact, and all guns that look like it are fugly. But looks aren’t everything. If it turns out to be stupid accurate, and powerful, they will sell like hotcakes, even with the crazy price.

I have no idea if they’re worth 3k, but I have one in front of me. This was a surprise gift from my brother, who I kinda introduced to PCP airguns. Pellets arrive Wednesday, so I’ll know more then. Sure is a funky gun, kinda badass, kinda hokey…also, the talking is easily turned off.View attachment 333803
keep us posted on the sounds and accuracy scotty great gift for sure looks bad ass on the table, what scope you gonna use

@Scotty1 - it looks like there is no place to mount a pic rail on the bottom. I have a bottle clamp like you have on my Wolverine and am hesitant about using it all the time (I haven't installed a rail into the stock yet... to pretty!). I guess you could get one of the "top mount" bipods and put it on the barrel. Also after watching @AirShootist video, the report definitely seems loud especially for hunting. Let us know!

keep us posted on the sounds and accuracy scotty great gift for sure looks bad ass on the table, what scope you gonna use
That’s a good question Douger, nothing I have as spares is a good match. I somehow think it needs an ATN or some other electronic thing to complete the look, but I won’t be doing that. I’m just waiting for my buddy to help me carry it out to the shop…hahahahaha

Was this a post in an attempt for Skout to send you one for review ? I saw in another post you suggesting your services. I’m surprise you are sticker shocked when the price was mentioned before in another thread you commented on.
Thanks, I was writing exactly the same. Not the first post against Skout, not the first post begging for a free gun. It is crazy, it was the first airgun youtuber I started to watch and it is the first and only airgun youtuber that make me unsubscribe from his channel.

Thanks, I was writing exactly the same. Not the first post against Skout, not the first post begging for a free gun. It is crazy, it was the first airgun youtuber I started to watch and it is the first and only airgun youtuber that make me unsubscribe from his channel.
I loved your post partly for its content but mostly because you're from the most beautiful country in the world! We've been to Italy three times and are going back for a fourth time in April because we can't get enough of it. There are so many other countries to see but almost every time we got to plan a trip to Europe, Italy always finds its way into the conversation. Sadly, Tuscany won't be on this April itinerary...but that just gives us another reason to come back yet again!

Reactions: SupremaRatio
I loved your post partly for its content but mostly because you're from the most beautiful country in the world! We've been to Italy three times and are going back for a fourth time in April because we can't get enough of it. There are so many other countries to see but almost every time we got to plan a trip to Europe, Italy always finds its way into the conversation. Sadly, Tuscany won't be on this April itinerary...but that just gives us another reason to come back yet again!
Yes, Italy is beautiful for sure, but...not easy to live here. In fact i'm moving.

Reactions: yenniedn