Are Kral Air Guns under rated?

Vetmx, Why are telling only half of the story? Tell us How many hours you spent making it shoot the way you liked it to do. Then tell the forum how much money you spent doing it and then, lastly, tell the crowd how much you saved over the cost of a Daystate or FX.

How many pages of this forum is dedicated to spending money on upgrades and weeks if not months on trying to get a so called high end gun to shoot the way someone wants it to. Not to mention the pellet costs in chrony string after chrony string chasing that perfect tune. Aftermarket barrels for a $2000+ gun. New electronics and tunners. Aftermarket regs to replace a factory one. I read his entire journey on that Kral and other than his time and skills I saw little actual monetary investment.

What Troy says is true. Money spent on a reg, carbon tube, some more delrin and a carbon bottle. Most of the time was spent machining and experimenting. Ironically, and don’t think I’m bragging about a Kral, I spent less time and at least 2,000 less pieces of lead getting that gun perfect compared to my FX Impact. Once that gun was done, it was done. Always spot on, no leaks, no quirks. That can’t be said about my Impact….but it has been behaving lately. Hope I didn’t just jinx myself.

Vetmx, Why are telling only half of the story? Tell us How many hours you spent making it shoot the way you liked it to do. Then tell the forum how much money you spent doing it and then, lastly, tell the crowd how much you saved over the cost of a Daystate or FX.

Now my Artemis P15 is a different story. I call it my Chi-pan. I have more than Taipan money in it. It will shoot right with a Taipan out to 100yrds but deep down inside I still know it’s a junker. You can still feel cheapness when you cock it and feel the cheapness when working on it. I was done with those journeys a couple years ago. But it was a learning experience. On this forum it isn’t our job to bully people into what to buy. But it is our responsibility to warn them. Then let a fool and his money part ways. 

If that barrel does not perform, I will have Troy Hammer put a .250 TJ on it. I will probably go with a 28 inch. My old Ranger 45 serial #12 had a 28 inch TJ, but I made them replace that barrel upon initial inspection as it has som e defects in interior finish. My 257 Haley Scandalous had two no tool interchangeable 36 inch TJ barrels, a 1-14 Nd a 1-10. Doug and Jack fit them to the action and I chambered them.

I will rebarrel it as it has good bones, it is a solid finely finished durable well made gun, I have owned some great airguns, they are not Daystates and not as unsettling as FX and don’t even mention JSAR.

Probably 3/4 of us would be candidates for a compulsive addiction disorder diagnosis for being in this sport and the percentage of our disposble income we spend on it, however you have to remember there is no income level restricting this sport, no sq footage requirement on your residence, no brick over tin house requirement. Many here have growing families or other commitments. They want to step above the first price level China guns and beyond the Mrods, and they have a right to do so, they need to research a month or two and ask questions to get past the paid utube reviewers, advertising hype and elitism to make a choice, and should not be put down for their choice.

If I did completely ruin the rifle and reserved a space in the closet for it in a cardboard box, it is still a wonderful adventure. However I am only going after the barrel and if I did I am into it for a grand and for that price your not going to duplicate it with a 20 shot string 85 FPE gun.

vetmix can tell you I was that fool a few years back. A fellow GTA member got it out of the closet and that cardboard box, I shoot it a bit at 12-14 FPE, but I Will never trust it.

And yes, I am pretty much blind I was Portland street cop who received a carrier ending injury in a riot, that eventually left me with my dominate eye removed and the remaining eye has a small part of intact retina that gives me 20-280 vision. I learned again to shoot left handed and left eyed and have large led lighted magnifying floor mounted devices scattered around my house and shop. I still cast and I still shoot and unashamedly live in my past memories.

Regards,

Roachcreek

Shu,

LD here. I own several Kral airguns, as well as many other marques from many popular makers … frankly, the Benjamin Akela from Kral I own shoots as well as most offerings costing twice the price and I’m not ashamed to shoot it alongside any other sporting airguns Ive seen. 

I see you shoot not so far from me. There are a couple other airgun shooters from SD area that shoot at my place. I used to shoot at Rainbow, but too noisy and benches not that good. I have decent BR range in Temecula wine area. You are welcome to come check out my airgun nut’s haven.

Email me at;

[email protected] 

Motorhead is one of the most talented tuners in the USA, and he just won the USA FT Nationals in Morro Bay, CA and the 2021 Grand Prix. Maybe we should listen to him.
I’ve asked Motorhead to do some tuning for me 3 times in the past, 3 times he turned me down. Said he doesn’t work on Chineese, Turkish, or Spanish guns. One was an English BSA, but to him, it fell under the Spanish” umbrella. Then, reading other threads on GTA, he HAS worked on Chineese, Turkish, and “Spanish” guns. As for snobbyness, he’s numero uno 1 in that category. And, as for the MOST talented tuners in the USA, it’s a no brainer: Travis Whitney and Will Piatt (RIP). Old thread, but just noticed the comments.