Are iguanas that bad? Take a look

Yesterday was my new Katranas 2nd day on the job and it did not disappoint! Although a slow day for iguana removal, the Katran performed every step fo the way!

I removed a total of 29 with a total recovery of 20.

15 of the 20 were females, 2 had laid eggs and the remaining 13 carried a total of 482 eggs! Each bag contains 100 eggs except the first one on the left that's holding 82.

Most of these were recovered from one of my permissions surrounding a canal location where you normally don't see this many. And all these holes are their burrows, they can go as deep as 20ft and can interconnect like an ant colony, but not to the full extent.

I also managed to successfully recover a 21gr javelin slug from on of the iguanas.

View attachment 454166

View attachment 454168

View attachment 454169

View attachment 454170

View attachment 454171

View attachment 454172

View attachment 454173

View attachment 454174

View attachment 454176

View attachment 454177

View attachment 454178

View attachment 454179

View attachment 454180

View attachment 454181

View attachment 454182

View attachment 454183

All those eggs… Those things mean business good lord. Can you make anything nice/useful out of their skins? I think a six piece iguana skin sectional would use up a bunch.

Pythoncowboy makes wallets out of their skin and people in South America call them chicken of the trees. Definitely should not be wasted!

Last edited:
image000000.jpeg
All those eggs… Those things mean business good lord. Can you make anything nice/useful out of their skins? I think a six piece iguana skin sectional would use up a bunch.
Absolutely. How about a drink Koozie

You had mentioned selling the meat and eggs before. What do people do with fertilized iguana eggs? Seems like the eggs from different iguanas would contain all different stages of embryo so do people eat them like balut?
The eggs are too far alone get tossed away, you can tell because they lose theur leathery tecture and feel more like a packed water balloon and you can almost see everything inside.

I’m thinking those eggs would make great 100 yard targets!
You would think but they are soft and leathery and squishy so I'm not sure just how well they would pop.
Do you make iguana omelets out of those eggs!
You can, I've scrambled them and I prefer then scrambled with chicken eggs. Most people eat them boiled in soup, and I guess you could also make a slit in the pouch, marinate it and use it as a garnish from what I have heard.
Pythoncowboy makes wallets out of their skin and people in South America call them chicken of the trees. Definitely should not be wasted!
We have buyers that want thm for taxidermy competitions or recreationally, buyers use then for stone crabs, fishing, hog and gator bait, want the heads, the feet of the large males.

We had one guys wife making a couch out of the skins, don't know if they ever finished that up.
I didn't read this one befire answering @qball But yeah, we had some try and make a couch with the skins, dont know if they every finished it up.
nice pesting

wonder if Iggy's would make good bait for ocean fishing ?
Most definitely, a lot of fisher men use them, either for crab bait or shark bait.

Yesterday was my new Katranas 2nd day on the job and it did not disappoint! Although a slow day for iguana removal, the Katran performed every step fo the way!

I removed a total of 29 with a total recovery of 20.

15 of the 20 were females, 2 had laid eggs and the remaining 13 carried a total of 482 eggs! Each bag contains 100 eggs except the first one on the left that's holding 82.

Most of these were recovered from one of my permissions surrounding a canal location where you normally don't see this many. And all these holes are their burrows, they can go as deep as 20ft and can interconnect like an ant colony, but not to the full extent.

I also managed to successfully recover a 21gr javelin slug from on of the iguanas.

View attachment 454166

View attachment 454168

View attachment 454169

View attachment 454170

View attachment 454171

View attachment 454172

View attachment 454173

View attachment 454174

View attachment 454176

View attachment 454177

View attachment 454178

View attachment 454179

View attachment 454180

View attachment 454181

View attachment 454182

View attachment 454183
Nice going. I have a request, can you do the images as thumbnails instead of attachments, I think it would be easier for use to view and choose the ones to see.

Yeah idk why it's doing that, I haven't changed any settings, I'll see if I can update them in such a way.

Interesting, must be a feature, I just uploaded some dead squirrels and it gave a thumbnail right off the bat, didn't have to select it. I'm on a Mac but I'm not sure that has anything to do with it. This site appears to be fairly platform agnostic.

Interesting, must be a feature, I just uploaded some dead squirrels and it gave a thumbnail right off the bat, didn't have to select it. I'm on a Mac but I'm not sure that has anything to do with it. This site appears to be fairly platform agnostic.
Yeah idk, if you go through my previous posts you'll see the pictures just fine except for maybe 1 or 2. And it's been doing it since, I've uploaded from my android phone every time