are hybrid slugs worth it?

Rat Sniper Slugs is who got the contract with FX for the hybrids. They no longer sell directly to the public. http://www.ratsniperslugs.com/order-page.html

In .30, the FX Hybrids were the only slug I found that shot well. I shoot them about 965fps.

In .22 they didn't do any better accuracy wise than NSA 20.2
That's interesting because the guy at RMR told me they make the slugs for FX, if you measure the RMR slugs and the FX slug they are identical, as in identical in every aspect. RMR is much less expensive than FX.

I'm pretty sure the tolerance/specs on the FX Hybrid's are right up there with the best slugs on the market today. The accuracy that I'm getting from my Veteran Taipan right now is astounding. Granted, they aren't the greatest at bucking wind drift but they are definitely better than just about any pellet.

I'm consistently shooting dimes at 50 meters and the devastation they cause on fowl is astounding. I shot a 5 shot group at 90 meters yesterday in a 5-10 mph wind that was under an inch. If the Hybrid's aren't accurate from your gun it's because the barrel doesn't like them or because of inconsistent velocities.

I routinely shoot grackles at 80-90 meters from my bedroom window and my only real enemy is strong or gusting winds.

Not worth it. Very expensive and poor BC (compared to real slugs). Only slightly better than high BC pellets like .22 RD Monsters or .25 King Heavy. If shooting inside 100 yards, don't waste your hard-earned money.
Hmmm...I disagree. I've never shot .22 RD Monsters but their BC is only around .05 vs the .08 of the Hybrid's. That's a significant difference...not to mention the Hybrid's will expand much better than the monsters.

True they don't have a high BC and lots of energy like a longer, heavier slug but that's also means that it takes a lot less air.

If shooting inside 100 yards, the Hybrid's offer significant advantages over the Monsters; especially if you hunt or pest.

Hmmm...I disagree. I've never shot .22 RD Monsters but their BC is only around .05 vs the .08 of the Hybrid's. That's a significant difference...not to mention the Hybrid's will expand much better than the monsters.

True they don't have a high BC and lots of energy like a longer, heavier slug but that's also means that it takes a lot less air.

If shooting inside 100 yards, the Hybrid's offer significant advantages over the Monsters; especially if you hunt or pest.
Its good to disagree... :oops:

Reactions: peaceful_ruler
Not sure if you guys have seen you can get the equivalent of FX hybrid slugs on the RMR website for a significantly cheaper price than FX. Word through the grapevine is that RMR makes the projectiles for FX. They call them SLAP projectiles SLug And Pellet
The Impulse Air HBT is the same or stunningly similar slug for a little less money as well. I have shot them and had good luck wioth them