• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Are Hw110, HW100, and HW44 fill probes the same?

I am attempting to order quick disconnect fill probes for my hw110 and HW44. It is not clear on product listings, which mainly specify hw100 compatibility, weather the HW110 and HW100 have the same fill probe.

Are they the same?

Ones sold at HUMA IMHO are the BEST FYI... Yo!

That is exactly what I bought:
https://www.huma-air.com/Weihrauch-HW100-fill-probe

I found some brass ones on ebay:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/SALE-Fill-Probe-Foster-Adapter-Built-In-WEIHRAUCH-HW100-hw101-HW110-HW44/193007250860?hash=item2cf020edac:g:9MMAAOSwmK9dNZKU

Huma was cheaper for 2.

I am attempting to order quick disconnect fill probes for my hw110 and HW44. It is not clear on product listings, which mainly specify hw100 compatibility, weather the HW110 and HW100 have the same fill probe.

Are they the same?

Ones sold at HUMA IMHO are the BEST FYI... Yo!

Ah yes...that ol "best" word.

Exactly...what makes them...the BEST ? 

It's just a piece of brass, stainless steel, with two o-rings. The ones that I've measured are within .003" in diameter. I'd say...that that's pretty "good". All of the ones that I have are Stainless of some sort. What...pray tell is wrong with brass ?

Mike

Speaking of BRASS I have couple of broken failed BSA OEM BRASS probes that worn out from over the years usage so bad even fatter o-rings wouldn't stop pissing the air out while filling the guns Many failed and at that time there weren't aftermarket manufacturers such as HUMA. I must have been through too many to count you name it and never ever had any issues with my stainless steel probes. How's about you BUY BRASS then see for yourself after couple of years. I must have invested countless hundreds of thousands of dollars on airguns and airgun stuff over the years to probably know a little something about airguns in the last 35 year's or so Till now I'm still buying airguns and stuff on a daily basis. I may be a bit overly straight forward but I think I know enough just want the next airgun brother to get the best so no problems later that's all. How long have YOU been in airguns and how much money have you invested in airguns and airgun related equipment? Just curious thats all. If you have more money invested in your airguns than me then I'll surely take any airgun advice from you. Yo!

Reactions: bf1956
I have a scar on my face from trying to use a BRASS fill probe in a gun that wasn't intended for DIFFERENT BRAND just because it plugged in. Aired it up that hose and probe whipped at my cheek I could have gotten blind. I even held the damn probe at the gun fill port. Dont let this happen to you Mike or any of your friends. I had to go to ER for stitches in my face. Yo!

Are they the same?
I JUST ordered the fill probe for the HW100 /110 because I was told it would fit my HW-44. It does NOT fit. I returned it.

I have a scar on my face from trying to use a BRASS fill probe in a gun that wasn't intended for DIFFERENT BRAND just because it plugged in. Aired it up that hose and probe whipped at my cheek I could have gotten blind. I even held the damn probe at the gun fill port. Dont let this happen to you Mike or any of your friends. I had to go to ER for stitches in my face. Yo!
Sorry I missed this and happy to hear that it only added character to your face. I use 550 cord chokes on all non-threaded connections. Your experience has considering an investment in stainless cable.

I have an aftermarket fill probe for my HW110 that has the foster quick disconnect on the end. I just leave it in the rifle all the time - rather than keep pulling it out to insert the plastic plug.

I’m really surprised to hear that the HW110 and HW44 fill probes are not the same! I thought they were basically the same gun except barrel, stock and cylinder length.

my factory probes supplied with my HW 110 rifle and HW 44 pistol are identical and so are the mags
I like threaded probes over probes made with the male foster, because when using an air compressor, the air flow is surging and cause the foster to swell or get little hammer bumps, that need filed down . By using 1/8 bspp threaded fittings , you can simply replace the foster half

mb94942, who did you get your non fitting probe from? Weihrauch or an aftermarket maker

Reactions: mb94952
my factory probes supplied with my HW 110 rifle and HW 44 pistol are identical and so are the mags
I like threaded probes over probes made with the male foster, because when using an air compressor, the air flow is surging and cause the foster to swell or get little hammer bumps, that need filed down . By using 1/8 bspp threaded fittings , you can simply replace the foster half

mb94942, who did you get your non fitting probe from? Weihrauch or an aftermarket maker
This has happened to me with a Beeman HW100 and the fill probe was too tight and it got stuck. When I went to fill my HW-44 I ran into the same issue. The Weihrauch official probe from AoA, Midway USA, all reputable dealers.