• The AGN App is ready! To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Are high scope rings recommended for Benjamin Akela?

YMMV, but generally it seems most people (especially taller people) prefer high scope mounts on a bullpup. I myself though like to mount a scope as low as possible, especially if shooting at closer distances, and have on low scope mounts on a wildcat bullpup now (with 44mm obj lens). I'm 6' exactly. 

If you decide to get high scope mounts, you'll be safe for most if not all scopes sizes and obj lens. But if you get low scope mounts you do need to be careful of how large the scope is, as the scope might not clear the rail. You could also consider medium size. You also have to factor in everyone's cheek weld is different too. 

I tried the lower rings on mine. Then I put the UTG 1 inch picatinny rail on it, I like it a lot better.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B019O40MLY/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_image_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Beware though, it didn't just slide on, I had to file the middle slot down for it to fit on the gun,, Maybe there's another out there that will fit right on.

Akela 5.1604611825.jpg

I’m only 5 foot eight and I got tall mounts on mine And Can just barely see through the scope comfortably.And that was after taking the top adjustable piece off of the adjustable cheek riser. The Akela , The way it’s made will not let you mount a scope low on it. Just ask other people on here that own one and I’m sure they will tell you the same. 

I found I couldn't get the scope either high enough or far enough forward without a riser rail. I got the riser rail and offset mount off ebay for maybe $40. Without the riser I had to take the plastic cheekpiece off to be able to see through the scope. The riser allowed me to position the rail more forward for better eye relief. Great little gun, it takes a little getting used to the hammer strike being under my cheek though.

DSCF7515.1605064501.JPG