• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!
  • The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Are heavy stocks better for spring guns

Yes they do plus some stocks are custom made to fit the owner,the heavy stock helps absorb,damp some of the vibrations the springer has.

Some older target springers even have mechanical means to reduce the "kick",vibes .

There is a whole science for the study of vibration....Submarines require everything to be vibration proof or reduced as much as possible.

My tx200 is in a custom stock and it is reasonably heavy. I have tuned it as well and get minimal sight picture movement. Still get some though.

Here in the UK, unless you have a firearms certificate, you have to stick with a sub 12 ft lbs rifle which also cuts down recoil. I have tried various combinations of tuning and currently have it short stroked to a mk2 cocking stroke with a few other bits done. Shoots at 11.3 ft lbs

20200726_211433.1599112183.jpg

Everyone asks that question. Use the search function on any airgun related forum and you’ll find a once monthly 3-5 page thread of 97 vs 200. 

Ill go back to bedding here... I’ve looked into it a bit online and have some experience. I’m going to say a firm pillar bedding with a solid stock is optimal. Many people swear by “soft bedding” springers but I’m not one. I recently prepped a stock to be glass bedded with devcon 10110 but had to shoot it before I was done. With minimal stock to tube contact I was actually getting better accuracy then before. Im probably not going to go through with the glass bedding now. Or at least not how I originally intended on doing it.