• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Are dampa mounts really worth the money? Pros/Cons?

Depends on what gun you have. I have never needed them on anything I have had including several 48's, 54's, RX1, R1. Several of them tuned to 22 foot pounds. Then again they were all tuned except the RX1. They all had Sports Match mounts or BKL double straps. If I had one past 22 foot pounds I would try one out to see if it worked. They say untuned 48's kill scopes, but I tune all mine as soon as I get them, so I never had that problem.

I ordered a Dampa mount for my hw97. It should arrive Monday. I didn't like the looks of the Diana mount, looked like too much to go wrong with it and I read some reports of bad accuracy with it. I'm not sure about the scope I picked holding up on a springer, some things I saw said yes, some said no. So I figured I'd try the Dampa mount for some added insurance.

Dampa mounts will likely never be a bad idea and may help with longevity of a scope. Some seem to believe that a mount will make up for a non piston gun rated scope and it most certainly will not. I have seen many times over (not saying the OP is) that using xxx mount they have never had a problem with a non piston rated scope. I have never seen or heard of single scope maker saying a mount will supplant their recommendation of non piston rated scope.