April 2023 Target Shooting Challenge!

Michael

Administrator
Staff member
What's up Air Heads! It's time to restart the Airgun Nation Monthly Target Shooting Challenges!

We’ve got 2 challenges for you to pick from (or do both). Be sure to capture pictures or video of the intro, shooting, & results. Share your results on AGN (4 minutes or less for direct upload), and/or share to FB & IG by tagging us and using #AGN423

Challenge #1: Download and print the target. Take 1 shot at each target.

1680444648761.png

Challenge #2 - If paper punching isn’t your thing… swap out the paper for some Easter candy! Shoot as many pieces as you like depending on the distance and difficulty.

1680723429364.png

1680555054276.png

To upload a video click the “Attach File” button > select your video file > click upload > the video will prepare then upload itself > once the upload has been completed click “Insert” to embed it into your reply.

*1 or more winners will be selected at the end of the month and will receive their choice of 1 free tin of projectiles from JSB/Predator!! 🤙 If you live outside of the USA, it'll be up to JSB to decide if shipping to your location is feasible.

1680364744131.png

Have a great weekend everyone!

View attachment AGN_Monthly_4-23.docx

We still had 18mph sustained wind today (Here is a video of yesterday in CRAZY wind!), so I thought that it was a good time to punch holes in paper anyway, and here comes @Michael with a new challenge, so I said, "Self!...You should take this challenge". And so, there I was, out in the blustery cross wind from my right. I didn't even take time for a sighter today, so the first bunny was my sighter. It was then obvious I was holding over by 1.5MOA even at 25 yards because of the wind, so the second bunny took one directly to the head. I didn't cut the rest of it, so I was just trying to read the wind as best I could for each shot.

Apparently I'm "not smart enough" to upload the video directly to AGN, so here is the video on YouTube:

Finally, here is the picture of my completed card:
20230401_181706.jpg

Next time, I will keep the tape completely away from the bunnies as it obscured the shots a bit on the three on the right side, but you can see the shots in the video.

I got all twelve shots off in less than a minute (even with a mag change) and only bunny #5 and #11 made it, but even those two "won't be able to smell their carrots" in the future.

Happy Shooting!

Jonathan

Last edited:
Ooooo! I have a fun idea! What if you glued the target to a metal plate, so that when you hit it, the paper would "explode"! That sounds interesting! I've got a bunch of neodymium magnets, so maybe I'll try it with those first. Hmmm... 🤔
Tape tums to the back of the bulls eye area🤪🤙

Reactions: SkeeterHawk
Tape tums to the back of the bulls eye area🤪🤙
I didn't know what you were referring to when I first read this, so I let it go to think about it, and I finally understand! You mean to put a little circle of tape behind each bull, correct? That is a GREAT idea! I've got some really cheap double-sided tape that may work a tad better for this, but this idea would be a LOT easier to clean up! I'll give it a go! Thanks for the tip @iAMzehTOASTY1 !

• Love
Reactions: iAMzehTOASTY1
I didn't know what you were referring to when I first read this, so I let it go to think about it, and I finally understand! You mean to put a little circle of tape behind each bull, correct? That is a GREAT idea! I've got some really cheap double-sided tape that may work a tad better for this, but this idea would be a LOT easier to clean up! I'll give it a go! Thanks for the tip @iAMzehTOASTY1 !
Heck, even a little dot of old school Elmer's glue would do the job🤪🤙

We still had 18mph sustained wind today (Here is a video of yesterday in CRAZY wind!), so I thought that it was a good time to punch holes in paper anyway, and here comes @Michael with a new challenge, so I said, "Self!...You should take this challenge". And so, there I was, out in the blustery cross wind from my right. I didn't even take time for a sighter today, so the first bunny was my sighter. It was then obvious I was holding over by 1.5MOA even at 25 yards because of the wind, so the second bunny took one directly to the head. I didn't cut the rest of it, so I was just trying to read the wind as best I could for each shot.

Apparently I'm "not smart enough" to upload the video directly to AGN, so here is the video on YouTube:

Finally, here is the picture of my completed card:
View attachment 344981

Next time, I will keep the tape completely away from the bunnies as it obscured the shots a bit on the three on the right side, but you can see the shots in the video.

I got all twelve shots off in less than a minute (even with a mag change) and only bunny #5 and #11 made it, but even those two "won't be able to smell their carrots" in the future.

Happy Shooting!

Jonathan
Well done Jonathan! I just realized that 4 minutes is a bit short for 12 targets + intro + conclusion so I reduced the # of targets to 8!

Yes, I am one sick SOB. Now that we have established that, Here are my supplies:
20230406_103315.jpg

Here is the "flavor" injector assembled. I show that I put tape over the hole closest to the syringe part and kept the one closest to the tip open so that I could inject the food coloring all the way through the little Peep.
20230406_103602.jpg

Sure, it made a mess and wanted to squish back out, so I had to handle them pretty carefully before hot-gluing them to the board.

Anyway, I thought that this may make this challenge a little more "interesting"...or something. Again, Happy Easter!!

Jonathan

To squeeze one in before Easter, here is shooting 8 bunnies using exploding pellets at night.

It isn't much to look at, but here is a picture of the target. Those exploding pellets aren't accurate, coupled with the fact that I couldn't really see anything. That 0.177 PCP doesn't have a backlit reticle, so I was just aiming to where I "thought" the next bunny was. Again, I didn't do too good. Such is life...
20230409_093221_Cropped.jpg

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: iAMzehTOASTY1
This one doesn't really count, but I thought I'd post it anyway. I printed off a couple extra of the 12 bunny targets when the challenge first dropped, so I figured that I would see if luck would be on my side and if I could hit them all with full-auto bursts. Well...no. I got five of 24, and a couple of those were a "stretch" to count as they were grazing the bunny. Anyway, here is the video:

Here is a picture of the final target...with only a few bunnies DOA
20230410_174325.jpg

Have fun shooting airguns!!!

Jonathan

Last edited:
Reactions: mb94952