• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

April 2023 - Just bought a new Yong Heng to add to my "just in case"

Hey there,
I own the classic Yong Heng compressor that requires the water tank, and moisture remover, etc. I also own the oil less red one that I keep in the closet to bring on trips, etc...

But, I figured prices will go up eventually, as they always do, so why not get a spare compressor to keep for the future ?
This is the one I got, and I hope I made the right decision. I am NOT an airgun expert by any means. I am a regular, have no idea how to tune an FX like the African channel guys, etc. I am the buy and shoot guy, with minimal experience. I do know how to adjust my trigger, air, etc though...

Opinions ?

bL7SSPL.jpg

mb,
Heat is the main enemy of HPA compressors, nothing cooled only by high-speed fans will ever outlast your water, fan and crankcase oil-cooled Yong Heng, no matter what is printed on cover. That being said, this, as well as the oil-less red one in the closet, should easily meet your portability requirements for as long as they do. WM

Reactions: mb94952
Thanks @WorriedMan. Oh, I wasn't complaining about my water cooled Yong Heng one bit. I LOVE it. I change the oil WAY more than I need to because it's cheap, and everyone who has owned one for years has done the same.

I just figured it will be nice to have a spare, so why not try something different, too. Also, the way shipping prices have doubled in the last two years I expected the Yong Heng (Blue Box is what I call it) to be $100 more than I paid for mine three years ago, but they are still about the same price, surprisingly.

Again, thanks for the comparison of water vs fan cooled.

Thanks @WorriedMan. Oh, I wasn't complaining about my water cooled Yong Heng one bit. I LOVE it. I change the oil WAY more than I need to because it's cheap, and everyone who has owned one for years has done the same.

I just figured it will be nice to have a spare, so why not try something different, too. Also, the way shipping prices have doubled in the last two years I expected the Yong Heng (Blue Box is what I call it) to be $100 more than I paid for mine three years ago, but they are still about the same price, surprisingly.

Again, thanks for the comparison of water vs fan cooled.
Agreed, this "Yong Heng" version of the high-speed fan cooled oil-less, waterless compressor was discussed not long ago, general consensus being just an attempt, thru brand recognition, to push this limited lifespan configuration. It's possible, but highly doubtful, the Yong Heng labelled version has special design features that will make it last any longer than the red one in your closet. Again, not a wasted purchase, you've got a spare for the red one, and, you never know about future pricing. WM

Reactions: mb94952