• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Appraisal — Webley Tomahawk 22.cal

CDDB5232-4DBF-457B-B018-2F8D8B69C664.1607801016.jpeg
FB566C90-3E09-48F8-82AD-3AD7190358F9.1607801017.jpeg
11648E33-99B6-4911-A4EF-84DCFC597D86.1607801017.jpeg
69A84688-10DA-4CD4-940B-8E0570C7110F.1607801017.jpeg
725A70EE-215B-4CD6-9DF8-714ED32FAD57.1607801018.jpeg
Hi guys,

I have been thinking about posting my tomahawk that I purchase new back between 2002-2004 from straight shooters if memory serves me correctly. I used it for about a year after which I move and it has lived in the gun safe since. It dose have a patch of rust where someone grab the barrel and a few small spots on the blueing. The stock has a few nicks as well but nothing deep. The gun functions as it should and seems to still have good power to it. 

I’m was looking for what a fair price would be for everything in the photo (gun, LDC, ported muzzle break, mount and scope

any more info need let me know

thanks for any help

I seen one on Classified airguns a few months ago new/oldstock for $210

There was also a Patriot .177 new/oldstock for $185

It's worth what you can get someone to pay you for it. With the scope $225 would be my guess. The stock looks to have some neglect. And after sitting idle for sometime the internals probably need working over. Not good to leave Springer's and Rammers sitting for extended lengths of time.

@septicdeath

how can you tell? 

This one is full power not the lighter Spring 

I was hoping to net $300 for it. I think I paid $600+- back then and that was probably me adding in the scope and mount.

ya I hear you about sitting and I would expect someone (buyer) would want to open it up and replace seals. The scratches are from sitting in the gun safe and have other guns bump it. Not throwing down a hill or anything lol. I always took good care with it but got forgotten for years in the back.

I saw others in better shape and with aftermarket parts going for a good amount and started to think maybe it was worth looking into 

what a gun you have! Woooow

all I can say. Is that a target gun or pests?

Old story they are worth... everyone is quite aware of that line. Apparently it went quite easily for $600+ and $200 range is wildly under valued (gun, scope, mount, LDC, etc) I think most would agree especially in this time of Covid. It certainly wouldn't mean if any item didn't sell at an asking price the item is not worth that number it means a buyer has not yet been found for that particular item at that particular time! I have seen some of the highest prices paid for numerous airguns several bringing double or more than they did prior to the first quarter of this year. Just look at the rifle and it should Birmingham, England otherwise it will be made and in Turkey. This rifle would be listed as a sporter/hunter and really not a target rifle at 20+fpe in .22

You got that right !! A English made Tommy is well worth Over what you paid for it,I got one and know that....they are rare and only people in the know want one and they will pay the price because they are so hard to get=easy over $450 on up...can get $600 if .25....that is fair.That said is how fast you want to sell it...like I said many people do not k

now what it is and get confused when you say it was made in England not Turkey.

That springer has the most adjustable trigger than any others I own,not the best,but really good,it is also a big springer,I love mine,it is picky and not as easy to live with as other great springers ...if it was a dog it would be an Akita,,,,just saying,

You said the rifle was bought new between 2002-2004, so you have in your hot little hands a FOR REAL, built in Birmingham, England Webley Tomahawk. While I don't know every last bit of info about Webley, I do know more than a bit and the company went into receivership, aka bankruptcy, in 2005. When the dust settled, all the rights, equipment and leftover parts were bought by a company called Highland Outdoors Group in early 2006. Everything was sent to Hatsan in Turkey, who used the last of the parts to build the last of the real Webley rifles. Everything since is nothing more than a pretty Hatsan Model 95. I should know, I own 4 of them and the one in Septicdeath's pic above is one, custom made internals and an LW .20 caliber barrel. Pretty rifle but still nothing more than a tricked out Model 95 Hatsan which I also own a couple of...lol.

Anyone telling you $200ish is giving you what a Turkish built Webley may or may not be worth. That for real UK built Tomahawk you own is worth bare minimum at least $450, then add some for the BKL scope mount, Swift scope, custom moderator and a bonus that you still have the ported muzzle break they came with. 

Personally, I wouldn't take anything less than $600 since like boscoebrea said, in the States, that Tomahawk is a quite rare rifle and not many who do own one will part with them and if they do, they fetch quite large prices, well worth every penny and quite a bit more than the $300 you said you were hoping to net for it.

Before I let loose the war hoop.. on my barrel it says England.. that means it’s the more valuable one right?

8DC4EACD-74B4-4F49-8386-FD7FBAA1ED03.1607876997.jpeg

Thank you again guys for the great information. I was confused as to the high low prices I had seen. I have been getting back into Airguns and pick up my first pcp, so I was thinking I would sell the tomahawk to fund some accessories for the new one or maybe even trade for something smaller like a pistol. 

It was a fantastic rifle back when I first got it. The birds around my house would tremble in fear when they heard me cock it lol. I pulled one of my personal best long shots on a starling at 100yd that I still remember and warms my heart when I think of it.

It's absolutely a Brum Tommy. Made in Birmingham. The condition hurts the value of this desirable rifle. Not a collector piece. A shooter.

Yours has a LW barrel.

The Turkish guns came with a Hatsan trigger (not many of these) at first and then the current Quatro trigger. And no LW barrel.

I have an absolutely stunning .22 Walnut Tommy. Nicest walnut I've ever seen on one. If you don't love the trigger it's not set up right. 

The barrels were threaded for 1/2-20UNF so that after market moderator should fit anything threaded the same. BKL mount $40-$50?. Swift scope someone else will have to chime in on as I'm not familiar with the brand or worth. Having the original ported muzzle break is also a bonus as it's one thing you likely won't find anymore short of finding someone with a Turkish built version willing to sell theirs.

There's an article on the subject of the switch from UK made to Turkish made Webleys by Tom Gaylord that explains quite a bit of the transition as there were any number of guns built by Hatsan from the leftover parts, you can read that here: https://www.pyramydair.com/blog/2007/09/the-webley-story-english-or-turkish/. Just how many I can't tell you and when the full switch to totally Hatsan I can't either other than somewhere in late 2006 or early 2007.

Condition of yours, while it plays a factor isn't bad. Another member here just had a pristine, David Slade tune version up for sale asking $750 and while yours admittedly isn't close to it, it's still in excellent condition and easily worth the $600 I said don't take less than with everything that's included. That stock is very easily fixable as is the light surface rust just by proper use of some 0000 steel wool and gun oil. Internals should also be easy whether sent out to be tuned or done at home with parts from ARH as I believe they carry everything.

I truly wish I had the spare cash as you'd already have an offer in your PM for $600 plus the shipping because I honestly think that's what your rifle is worth. I also think anyone who truly knows the UK built rifles would give you that same amount knowing what they're getting.

End of my lame 2 cents :)

This is the correct link 

https://www.pyramydair.com/blog/2007/09/the-webley-story-english-or-turkish/

The Turkish Tommy and Turkish Stingray I know for a fact are completely different guns than their Brum counterparts. No comparison. I wouldn't trade either Brum I have 10 to 1.

Thanks for fixing my screwy link, KWK :)

And nope, no comparison. I have 4 of the Turkish built Webley Tomahawks (pic of 3 of them below). One in .177 and 3 in .22 and except for some cosmetic stuff (stock, badging, ported muzzle break), they're nothing more than prettier Hatsan Model 95's which I also still have a couple of and all the parts except that ported muzzle break are interchangeable.

With the exception of a couple that were or are made in China, Hatsan has been building everything with the Webley name on it since late 2006, early 2007.

gun racks 3.1607909401.jpg