• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Applying The Original Bees Wax Lube To Pellets

MMLJ,
Beerthief has the right idea, I don't have cookie pan but use cardboard box instead. Light spray on paper towel and gentle rolling to cover "edges" are excellent suggestions. I use Lemon Pledge but Bee's Wax Old World Formula sounds fine. I recall some time ago a rumor that Lemon Pledge had changed formula and that the new blend might not work, as well. Recommend any person considering using Lemon Pledge for pellet lube might want to research. WM

I use old T shirt material, laid flat then spray center of it. Drop a handful of pellets in the sprayed area. Pick up both ends of the cloth and tumble back and forth like you are shoe shining. The cloth forms a U shape and the pellets get coated evenly and quickly. Spread pellets out to dry then put back in the tin. If you are washing the pellets first then I like this method as it coats all surfaces of the lead keeping them from oxidizing. Pellets from the factory have a coating on them to prevent oxidation and since you just removed that its good to put some surface barrier back on IMHO.

Reactions: Hateful McNasty
I find that shoeshine buffing as said above dors well maybe best. Apply to center of rag and thin and even dunp in pellets fold hold both ends and use back and forth motion/ buff.. if you feel too much just do in dry rag to remove the excess.

w_L-3.jpg

i would try my method. use a flat baking pan cookie sheet with 1/2 inch tall sides. tape a paper towel to the pan lightly spray towel . not much on it .
roll the pellets across the towel , really you only want thr edge of the pellet and skirt waxed.
Yeah, don't want to get beeswax in the base of the sirt, has dieseling written all over it maybe..

Seemed like the utube jsb pellet factory tour you may see them do it.. she puts pellets in a rag thing shakes / tumbles them . Ill bet it has lune or somthing in it to fix um up..

You just figure out your thing that works best for you.. i knfa gave wrong picture above heres the rag with lube on it, ready to buff it on..

luberag.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah, don't want to get beeswax in the base of the skirt, has dieseling written all over it maybe..
NEVER had that problem. I have a microfibre towel, some beeswax furniture polish on it and I just pour some pellets on the towel and rub the pellets. Barrel cleans up really fast. Oh I keep the towel in a plastic bag to keep it moderately clean.