Applied Ballistics App

Are you asking specifically for the applied ballistic app or just any ballistic app like strelok. They all use the same ballistic formula so no real difference besides some minor environmental affects. 

if you input all the information into strelok pro and get a drop table I can tell you with high confidence it would be match your Lab radar results to less than 1%.

Strelok pro is spot on if used correctly, by spot on I mean dead nuts accurate! Again, all the rifle parameters, environmental conditions and even zero weather play a role in your accuracy/ballistic validation. Also unless you know your turret tracks accurately use hold over to validate, most scopes do not track well enough to validate strelok results. I found out the hard way. 

Just set up your strelok and go shoot random targets with your range finder, it can directly communicate with quite a few range finders now even. Best bang for your buck ever!! I spent a ton of time doing that and messing with all different ballistic software/app, it’s all about the user. 

Also other poeple’s drop table will be off for you due to scope height, temperature and elevation difference to name a few variables. You have to do your own homework or it’s always going to be off. 

As qball said, it's in doing the homework and getting validation within the app or it is going to be off. Here's how I validate my Strelok Pro app settings for my long range shooting and scope dialing or holdovers: What I do is get a good zero, usually at 40 yards (for a flat trajectory with no hold under). Then I shoot at 100 yards using the same zero hold. It will hit low, between 7-12" depending on the speed and bc. Then measure the distance between the impact's center point from target center to get the actual drop amount. Input that data (converted to either MILs or MOA) into the Strelok Pro under the Trajectory validation BC setting (in the lower left icon picture with blue arrow and arcing path to a round target). When there,be sure to set the validation "Distance, yardage" to where the far target was. The app will figure out the BC from there based on the scope set-up zero. If you're going to shoot even further you can set us multiple BC zones for the further out you go if need be (like with pellets that shed speed at greater distances). Let us know how it works out.

There is an easier way: get rifle and environmental info correct(it does if for you with weather station info). then select your ammo from the list of existing ammo, you will be hard pressed to find any ammo that’s not in the list. Zero and measure speed and input that info into strelok. Laser range random targets and use strelok hold over info, if it’s off then go back and check all your info. If you did your part correctly the. It will be dead nuts on, if it’s not dead on then you did something wrong…….ask me how I know! LOL

I'm guessing it would make a slight difference....depending on how you determined your bore center to scope center distance.

I just watched a video today (I forget who's), and they mentioned they measured at the end of the objective lens housing (they were using some amount of angle induced by their adjustable rings).

I wonder it it matters all that much? Or if we should be looking to find an average height across the scope's length?

Strelok Pro and Chair Gun round the value to 2 decimal places in inches....as far as I can tell. So it probably is small, until we're 5 miles out.

Edit: but I'm still trying to get mine set up too....so don't take this as proven fact.

Scope height 

Measurements are 

Measure barrel diameter 

Measure front objective diameter 

Measure distance from bottom of scope to top of barrel

Add them all up and devide by 2

I could be a little off it's been a while
1f609.svg

We pretty much have no choice but to assume barrel OD to ID, and scope OD to ID are concentric.

(barrel outside diameter / 2) + (scope outside diameter / 2) + distance between scope OD and barrel OD = center to center distance.

In Strelok pro just pick the airgun ammo from the airgun ammo list. The BC is setup on correctly on all the ones I tried, didn't have to change anything and they are spot on. 

If you happen to find a pellet that's not on the huge list then use GA, for slugs always use G1.

@qball - are you just talking about the BC drag profile? Or the actual BC value too?