• The AGN App is ready! To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Apolo 33 gn .25 cal slugs

Received my Aoplo .25 cal 33 gn slugs today. Not much detailed information out there about these slugs so thought I would post some observations:

Slug type: Shallow cup base with slightly larger hollow point than NSA 33.5 gn
Length: .321
Diameter: .251
Weight: 33 gn
BCC: I have no way to measure, but based on published NSA 33.5 gn slugs (.096) they are most likely somewhere north of .090

The slugs arrived in screw top tins with no padding inside the tins. Visual observation did not show any signs of deformations, and slugs looked clean and pre-lubed ("with something?") Minimal amount of lead shavings in the tin. The Aoplo slugs fit the breach of my Airforce Escape UL very similar to the NSA 33.5 gn slugs and first chrony numbers show similar results. Unfortunately I will not be able to shoot any for accuracy today as the wind is 25-30mph with gusts to 40mph... will post more as I get a chance to shoot these.

Reactions: BBGunn
After three days of rain, the sun finally broke through today and I was able to get out to the woods with the Airforce Escape UL to try the 33 gn Apolo slugs. A rough sight-in was all I could do today, but once complete, I was hitting most anything I wanted to shoot at out to 50 yards and beyond, hunting accurate for sure. In my rifle, the slugs shot just as good as NSA 33.5 gn slugs, at least with my rough sight-in and out to 50 yards or so. At just over $8.00 per tin of 200, these are a good deal. ( I just ordered a couple more tins to make sure I have plenty on hand)

Received my Aoplo .25 cal 33 gn slugs today. Not much detailed information out there about these slugs so thought I would post some observations:

Slug type: Shallow cup base with slightly larger hollow point than NSA 33.5 gn
Length: .321
Diameter: .251
Weight: 33 gn
BCC: I have no way to measure, but based on published NSA 33.5 gn slugs (.096) they are most likely somewhere north of .090

The slugs arrived in screw top tins with no padding inside the tins. Visual observation did not show any signs of deformations, and slugs looked clean and pre-lubed ("with something?") Minimal amount of lead shavings in the tin. The Aoplo slugs fit the breach of my Airforce Escape UL very similar to the NSA 33.5 gn slugs and first chrony numbers show similar results. Unfortunately I will not be able to shoot any for accuracy today as the wind is 25-30mph with gusts to 40mph... will post more as I get a chance to shoot these.
Keep us informed as I am in the same Market for 25

I really like these slugs so far, in both .22 and .25
Not only are the really cheap in comparison, but they appear to be very well made.
I can get them for a little over 10 USD the tin, containing 200 slugs, for both 33 and 21 grain (which is kinda weird though, both tins contain 200 slugs).
In comparison, a box of NSA slugs will set me back almost 29 USD (375 slugs in .22, 275 slugs in .25).
Javelins are even more rediculous, 27 USD for 200 .22 slugs.
Prices of KnockOut, Javelin and NSA slugs have gone through the roof here over the last year or so.
H&N is kinda reasonably priced still, but their real hollowpoints only come in heavier weights.
I didn't measure or way them though, if that's important to you please do and post the results.

Took the 33 grainers .25 out at 100 meters in my Maverick yesterday, and they outperformed the JSB Knockouts at 975 fps.
I have tried the 40 grainers at say 900 fps, they showed great promise as well. Will do more testing in the future.

The 21 grain .22 performed excellently at 50 and 100 meters with both my (slightly underpowered) Avenger bullpup and Walther Maximathor.
I'm currently waiting on my FX Wildcat Bt Compact .22, so I will be able to hurl them at better speeds soon.
Will post the results if anyone is interested.

I really like these slugs so far, in both .22 and .25
Not only are the really cheap in comparison, but they appear to be very well made.
I can get them for a little over 10 USD the tin, containing 200 slugs, for both 33 and 21 grain (which is kinda weird though, both tins contain 200 slugs).
In comparison, a box of NSA slugs will set me back almost 29 USD (375 slugs in .22, 275 slugs in .25).
Javelins are even more rediculous, 27 USD for 200 .22 slugs.
Prices of KnockOut, Javelin and NSA slugs have gone through the roof here over the last year or so.
H&N is kinda reasonably priced still, but their real hollowpoints only come in heavier weights.
I didn't measure or way them though, if that's important to you please do and post the results.

Took the 33 grainers .25 out at 100 meters in my Maverick yesterday, and they outperformed the JSB Knockouts at 975 fps.
I have tried the 40 grainers at say 900 fps, they showed great promise as well. Will do more testing in the future.

The 21 grain .22 performed excellently at 50 and 100 meters with both my (slightly underpowered) Avenger bullpup and Walther Maximathor.
I'm currently waiting on my FX Wildcat Bt Compact .22, so I will be able to hurl them at better speeds soon.
Will post the results if anyone is interested.
I just tested the 28gr at 200yds and I got a group less than 1.5", closer to 1" than to 1.25" I wasn't able to accurately measure. But I can't imagine the bc being less than .105, I only had to hold 8mils at 200yd with my impact putting out the javeling gen 2 30gr at 945fps, which should put the 28gr apolos around 980's.

Reactions: RM.510bigbore
How did they perform?
Fantastic. This is pretty much the only slug I use now in both my Hubens, the K1 and GK1. By far, my favorite .25 ammo. Can you find slugs / pellets that are better than these? Probably, but I know there's a lot of them that are worse that cost a lot more. For the price, I would call these the best slugs in the market.

I found a good deal on them here. But not sure they will shoot well out of my impact. Don’t want to buy things that are just junk when I already have well performing pellets.

Fantastic. This is pretty much the only slug I use now in both my Hubens, the K1 and GK1. By far, my favorite .25 ammo. Can you find slugs / pellets that are better than these? Probably, but I know there's a lot of them that are worse that cost a lot more. For the price, I would call these the best slugs in the market.
When I had my K1 in .25 which I traded for a vulcan 3 .25 700mm the k1's favorite slugs were both the apolos and the nsa 38.5 in 254 I could shoot both slugs well beyond 100yds but the nsa's took over after 120yds pushing the 40gr at 970fps. My vulcan seems to like the apolo 40gr pretty good, it does okay with the zans 253 in 38gr but the size is almost twice as big as the apolos for some reason.

thought I would give the Apolo slugs a try ordered 22 cal in 21 gr and 25 cal in 33 gr,,, I am game to see if, they work with my guns
I ordered from Field Supply
or there is Natchaz also

IMG_20240317_104323.jpg