You might be opening a can of worms asking that question! 

The two companies had a falling out. That's about as far as I'm taking the details on this because I wasn't there, didn't hear the conversations, and can only speculate on what truly happened. 

One thing I've learned over the years is that when things get that bad, it's usually a matter of both sides not communicating or listening effectively. Words not said and questions not asked turns into presumptive thinking.

I think It's unfortunate that the two companies split. But, they did and life goes on. 

You will find some FX stuff coming from AoA. But it's going to be trade in's and maybe some new old stock. I think I saw some FX barrels in the used section recently. 

Tom

Long Story Short, AoA distribute Daystate for all the "Americas" (Continent) and FX , and having the top competitive brands (Daystate and FX) with only 1 distributor (AoA) was not in the best interest for FX (And Daystate probably) so in 2018 FX build/create FX USA for FX "Americas" distribution.

That is way over simplified since there is a lot of salt and pepper on it ... but since I have hypertension (no salt) and do not like anything chilly (not pepper) ... I do not comment on that ... ;) 

My guess, AOA wanted the same type of master distributor/repair center relationship with FX as they have with Daystate, and enjoy the deeper discount that allows them to act as wholesaler to the dealers. With FX opening its FX USA shop in NC, it didn't need that structure, and selling at a super discount to AOA didn't make business sense. This is pure speculation on my part, but it seems to fit the activity at the time. Just two companies acting in their own best interest, as would I. 

Yes it is unfortunate, I bought my Crown in September of 2017 from AOA and now I have to go to Utah Airguns for my FX stuff. As a customer it is very frustrating. I know from speaking with AOA employees that the 2 owners were good friends and would stay at each other’s home when they visited. I might imagine if you asked each one individually what happened the compared stories may be different. 

I agree with Tominco “One thing I've learned over the years is that when things get that bad, it's usually a matter of both sides not communicating or listening effectively. Words not said and questions not asked turns into presumptive thinking.”

I believe there was a better solution available but that is now a missed opportunity. Personally I think it was bad for both companies the way it ended along with customers. 

I've heard the break-up stories as well. While I can't accurately comment on what happened then, I can say that there still seems to be some bad blood between AOA and FX. 

Now I am a multiple fanboy: Daystate, FX, AOA, Utah Airguns, Baker Airguns - They are all my favorites and I hold a grudge against none of them.

But a few months back I bought a used Crown from AOA and when I went to zero the scope I was having issues (accuracy). So I broke out the chrono and found that I was getting up to 70+ fps spread over like 10 shots. So I assumed that I had been sold a used gun where the regulator was toast.

I called up AOA to discuss the issues I was having with my new-to-me Crown, and was told very matter-of-factly "All FX's do that. Why do you think that we sell so many Huma regulators for them?"

Not really what I had wanted to hear as a customer with a new gun, but we got over that pretty quickly and AOA took the Crown back for a full refund. But it let me know how AOA (or perhaps maybe just that employee) felt about FX air guns!

I've heard the break-up stories as well. While I can't accurately comment on what happened then, I can say that there still seems to be some bad blood between AOA and FX. 

Now I am a multiple fanboy: Daystate, FX, AOA, Utah Airguns, Baker Airguns - They are all my favorites and I hold a grudge against none of them.

But a few months back I bought a used Crown from AOA and when I went to zero the scope I was having issues (accuracy). So I broke out the chrono and found that I was getting up to 70+ fps spread over like 10 shots. So I assumed that I had been sold a used gun where the regulator was toast.

I called up AOA to discuss the issues I was having with my new-to-me Crown, and was told very matter-of-factly "All FX's do that. Why do you think that we sell so many Huma regulators for them?"

Not really what I had wanted to hear as a customer with a new gun, but we got over that pretty quickly and AOA took the Crown back for a full refund. But it let me know how AOA (or perhaps maybe just that employee) felt about FX air guns!

Buyers remorse warning was not heeded in this case... Sorry for jinxing you...

And NO not the Chinese definition...

Screenshot_2020-12-14-07-41-00.1607967776.png
Screenshot_2020-12-14-07-42-01.1607967776.png

As I understood it at the time FX wanted to start the USA branch with distribution, warranty work, etc centered there on the east coast to speed up distribution et all. AOA lost sole control of the distribution, warranty work, etc. AoA parted ways with FX and I assume there were harsh words on both sides. As far as I know AOA still services FX out of warranty air guns