What happened to AoA, i was looking for a new wildcat and I couldn't find any FX guns, and the with Precision Air Guns.Did they loose their business ????????

I saw that a while ago as well. AOA is a pretty picky retailer, and FX is a picky manufacturer with set prices and all, so it might have been very mutual. Especially since FX has a heavy presence and support in the USA already. They might have been getting a lot of “this gun is broken again” calls and didn’t want to be the middle man anymore. Their staff is friendly, so email them and ask and post their answer here.

Yeah, there was a little snafu with FX and AoA as the sole distributor. It's been maybe 2-3 years since then but someone can correct me about the time frame.

Edit: Wow, you guys are quick!

On a side note, if you watch any of the recent Extreme Bench Rest (EBR) events, Daystate and Brocock are now the new darlings lol. No offense. They make good guns.

On a side note, if you watch any of the recent Extreme Bench Rest (EBR) events, Daystate and Brocock are now the new darlings lol. No offense. They make good guns.

I think that has more to do with the the maker that's willing to put the time and money into supporting EBR, and less to do with any inherent advantage of the rifle. Reminds me of the old car manufacturer's slogan about the factory teams, "win on Sunday, sell on Monday". All the leading makers produce rifles capable of winning, placing them in the right hands is the next challenge. 

FX opened their own repair/warranty center = less expense more profit and added dealers so AOA no longer had exclusive rights and control of FX products in the USA. In turn AOA became Daystate supporters and as Peskadot said all their top shooters now shoot Daystate.

I recall when this happened. I think FX and AoA had a little tiff going at the time. It might have had something to do with AoA taking on all the FX warranty work, it may have been due to AoA becoming the US distributer for Daystate/Brocock and a conflict of interest. 

Whatever the exact reason, FX was getting a bit of hate at the time as AoA turn around on warranty work wasn't acceptable to the customer. So FX dumped AoA as distributer when they opened the US repair center. 

The current setup seems like a better one as there is more distribution for FX products now and I believe repair times have been greatly reduced. 

AoA has been the Daystate distributor since the early 90s and the FX distributor since they first came into the US with the Tarantula in the late 90s. Not sure what the disagreement was/is but FX creating FXUSA resulted in the current status. 

Fwiw, they laid off THREE people whose sole responsibility was repairing FX. They have 2 full time and a couple part time to do ALL the tuning, reparing, and pre-shipment testing now on ALL the other brands combined, as well as brand models they don't even sell.

Keyman is probably close in his statement, but Robert created EBR originally to showcase some realy nice airguns that had no application for competition. FX was top of that list at that time. It's evolved and so have the airguns. We have a HUGE selection of highly accurate and powerful airguns thanks to FX and EBR and that many of us would have never considered before. I'm lovin it. (that aspect , anyway, not the AoA/FX relationship )

Bob

I think that has more to do with the the maker that's willing to put the time and money into supporting EBR, and less to do with any inherent advantage of the rifle. Reminds me of the old car manufacturer's slogan about the factory teams, "win on Sunday, sell on Monday". All the leading makers produce rifles capable of winning, placing them in the right hands is the next challenge.

It's exactly what I meant. Did you think otherwise?