AOA-SHIPPING COSTS

Try checking out at AoA again. When you get to the checkout page where it shows the different shipping options, look down a few items. AoA defaults to UPS. USPS shows up a few items down.

It's easy to miss!

If they're still asking too much, give them a call. They'll probably be more than happy to work something out with you. No ecommerce software works well for any merchant in all cases.

In the past year, I think I've placed four orders with AoA.

1 - ATI Nova Freedom rifle and pellets
2 - More pellets 
3 - FX No-Limit mounts [because I HAD to have them / no one else sold them]
4 - FX No-Limit mounts Again, and, same reason as I just mentioned above..

If I added up the total for the over-inflated-shipping-charges I had to pay, 
it probably would have been enough cash to place an order for an airgun.. *sigh* 

Seriously, for those of us who make piss poor wages, these 'extra charges' bite..
It's like lighting our money on fire..

On top of that, After I placed all of the orders, I'd usually have to wait a day or so for them to process / ship, 
and it would take about a week to go from AZ to NY.

After not learning my lesson after the first order or so, I finally found another place with cheaper shipping fees. 
And when I say 'cheaper', I mean fair.

As an owner/operator of a business that I would have to ship my products World-Wide, I know all about shipping.. 
I could ship the same size box and weight to people on the other side of the world - For Less Money. And did.

That said.. I took my product, boxed, labeled, hit the post office, filled out shipping forms And US customs forms, 
[time out of my day + the driving, wear and tear on my vehicle, loss of any other possible wage at my shop @ $50-$100/hr]
And I made out just fine..

So I don't like to read things excusing / stocking up for overcharging on shipping.. 

And also - Each time I ordered, I made Sure that I double checked the shipping Method..
The least expensive option was still a rip. *sigh* 

I don't like to rant about other businesses - So we'll just consider this one to be "constructive criticism" they can take or leave. 

👍 

Sam - 

PS: I forgot.. the vape shops that I'm affiliated with also sell / ship online and internationally too.. 
Flat-Rate-Shipping. And if the owner can figure out a way to make it even cheaper for the customer - He will. 
That's all part of going above and beyond when it comes to customer service.

Reactions: 2manyAirGunz

Sorry - had an issue with the above posting - WISH they had reasonable shipping, but I just tried 20 tins of pellets shipped to Oregon.

The above choices were the ONLY choices. Not sure why a $14 priority box gets marked up to $65.82.

Makes you only order specialty items from them......

I can't imagine what you have an issue about with my posting! 

They probably calculate your pellets at somewhere around a pound per tin. A 20 lb box going from AZ to Oregon costs $44.90 by USPS Priority Mail, unless you can fit it in a Flat Rate box, or a Regional Rate box. Their ecommerce software may not support that. Yes, a $20 markup from that is a bit steep, to say the least. But I say again, if you have a problem with any online retailer's shipping charges, give them a call.

What is unreasonable about that?

They screwed me also, I placed an order for FX no limit mounts. I asked them if they could throw in a couple of tins of pellets into the 6.95 shipping quote they gave me. They said no, so instead the mounts were shipped in a box big enough to bury a small dog and I was charged 13.95 for the solitary mount. That was with human communication.

I ordered just the mounts and I was charged nearly $15 myself where the computer showed close to $8. Gotta watch that stuff because it burns my hide when it happens. Not right.

Years ago I was going to order a couple tins of pellets from AOA and found that the shipping was more than the cost of the pellets so AOA was "crossed off the list" and it seems that nothing has changed since. A few years ago I got a good deal on a "new in the box" .177 HW95 with a "AOA $299 + shipping" sale and the gun ended up costing $329 delivered so it hasn't been all bad. 😋

I just received a case of 1250 count Crosman Premiers from Pyramyd Air and this was the "after shipping + 10% discount code" cost delivered to Rougemont, NC. The 10% discount of $9.89 covered the $7.99 shipping and handling (plus a few coins extra). This was a Pyramyd Air "buy 4 & pay for 3" deal my cost for each 1250 count box was about $24.24............

So the cost of those 20 tins of pellets comes to $147.52 then add the $35.01 shipping to it and you get a Total of $182.53

Now go to Pyramyd Air and put those same 20 pellets into your cart and see what you get. Yes PA offers FREE SHIPPING but their total for the 20 tins is $179.85

Barring any additional coupon codes that's a difference of $2.68

I would be questioning why AOA is only $9.22 per tin but yet PA "jacks" their price up to $11.99 per tin. Is that to "make up" for the free shipping?

It's the bottom line that really counts. In fact though being in Maryland, a tax Happy state, I'd rather they charge me less for the items and more for the shipping as I do not have to pay tax on the shipping. Kinda like it used to be with Ebay fees. Guys would sell and item for $.99 and then charge $40 for shipping as Ebay did not use to charge you fees on the shipping, only the item.

AoA, 5 tins of JSB 18.13 ( buy 4 get 1 free) total including shipping $89.78. Pyramid Air, 5 tins of JSB 18.13 (buy3 get 1 free +1 more to make total 5 tins) total cost including shipping (not including any discount codes) $85.00. But that's just comparing pellets. Some minor pro,s and cons like Quantity purchased and Distance of shipping, ability to purchase different types and brands in their promotion and still receive a discount. I can't comment on AoA,s other products.

All those multiple pellet purchases are good and all.

But having to pay $23 in shipping for a sear and spring like the OP started sucks.

I haven't pulled the trigger on one either for the same reason, and my shipping is just $12.

Either I really don't want it all that much, but I just can't pay $12 shipping for something the size of a small hex key.

AOA shipping is way too high, every other place I order from is either free or very low shipping cost. I have refused to buy anything from them that I can get elsewhere due to their high shipping cost.

They want almost $30 to ship 5 tins of pellets that I can get shipped from anywhere else for $7.99

Also anytime I buy a gun from them I have to pay shipping. All the other online stores give me free shipping on my guns for the same price.

Last thanks-giving while visiting my sister in AZ, my Dad and I stopped by AoA. I ended up buying an FX Impact X from them. AoA did a great job checking and tuning the FX Impact X to what I want. AoA threw in 3 tins of JSB Mk2. Shipping was $38 back to the East Coast. For $2k rifle + 3 free tins of 25 cal JSB, i thought it was fair.

Then, my dad picked up a thanks-giving special Diana Stormrider for $200. They refuse to lump the 2 shipping together and my dad had to pay $38 to ship it back to the East Coast. That did not make sense at all, but it was what it was. 

I felt bad for my dad and landed up making it back up to him...

Let's see. Amazon, Sam's Club, Walmart, Target, and many others, ship on-line purchases the best way FOR THEM, not you! But then again, they're trying to compete. Apparently AoA doesn't care. Good or bad, they do have a few things you can't buy any other place, and the SuperSear is one of them. When I needed two, I had a friend who lives less than a mile away, go and buy them. And for $1.78 more, and I got them two days later USPS. 

The biggest problem small internet retailers like AoA and Utah Airguns have is that they are stuck with junky ecommerce software that simply is not capable of determining how a product can best be shipped. And this is greatly exaggerated when the retailer offers such a diverse product line that includes fairly large products like an air rifle and very small products like a scope mount or sear.

They're stuck with lousy software, and they have to make due with what they can get, or can afford, unless they have the IT resources to come up with a better solution for them and their customers.

I've been a "computer guy" for 35+ years, and an internet retailer for almost 20, and let me tell you, shipping is the hardest part of any internet retail operation.

We, as people, can see that a small product can fit in a small Flat Rate box or in a padded envelope sent by First Class Mail; but unless you have software that can also see that -- and most don't -- it's not going to calculate the shipping appropriately.

And even if you have software that can see that, it will still make "mistakes" from time to time.

Cut them some slack! They're doing the best they can, competing with huge companies with much greater resources!!!

It's a dog-eat-dog world out there. Have some compassion. Everybody!

Please.