• Much like Google Reviews - members are allowed to create (1) unique thread for each vendor/manufacturer. You may "edit" your thread at any time to reflect any changes.

AOA & Robert Buchanan

Long overdue feedback. After a time of lurking and researching on the forum I ordered a Daystate Huntsman Regal XL .22 from Airguns of Arizona. That was back around mid-May and was my first air rifle since about 40 years ago. After receiving the rifle and giving her a test ride I made my first post to this forum and this is where things got interesting. Besides a warm forum welcome, there was an unexpected phone call. I come in from mowing grass and the wife says, "You got a phone call to the machine from some man who said he was president of some airgun place. He said he read your post, left a number and give him a call back."

So I listen to the message, Robert Buchanan from AoA. I call him back thinking perhaps it's a vet thing and we have similar shooting backgrounds. So we have a nice chat... he's curious about my opinion on the rifle, etc. but what struck a chord with him in my post was my young teenage love (and lusting) for the Beeman airguns and drooling over their catalogs. Now here's the part I'm not sure if I should share but I am so impressed with this guy, I can't resist. He tells me during the call he's sending me a gift. I say, "generous gesture but unnecessary." He says, "No, I'm sending you something and you'll understand after you receive it."

Now I'm thinking a free tin of pellets or something but a few days later I receive a package and pull out a beautiful hand-made Misenheimer leather pellet pouch. Great Scott Batman!... but I understood because I remembered seeing these type leather pellet pouches in the old Beeman catalogs back around late 70's or early 80's. It was like traveling back in time to an 18 year old, wondering if I'd ever be able to afford one of these quality air rifles. What a gesture from a man I've never even met... I know, right?

Now I must admit, even without the gift, I was quite impressed with Robert and AoA. I drove them nuts with phone calls and questions (I think it was Rich and Darren) but they were always very professional and helpful. Then I repeated the whole shebang a few weeks later regarding a Daystate compressor (in for a penny, in for a pound, right?). Remember, I'm new to the pcp game so I'm trying to figure out tanks, compressors, different type fittings, etc. My brain was reeling from data overload. These guys were outstanding and together with this forum, got me up to speed fairly quickly. Btw, my compressor showed up and worked great but I was missing the manual. One phone call and a few days later, the manual was in my hand. 

So that's my 'feedback' for AoA. I've bought tons of stuff online for the last 20 years or so and these blokes impressed me like no other. If all companies treated me like these guys, my life would've been a lot more hassle free.

cheers

Chohan, I too am a fan of AOA. I purchased my first PCP January, 2011. I have always thought AOA goes the extra mile. But now I have a bone to pick with him. I bought a very nice Daystate Redwolf and I did not get a call or one of those nice, hand made pellet pouches. Loving my Redwolf. Tell me what you think about the Misenheimer pellet pouch.

Chuck Misenheimer 

Chohan, I too am a fan of AOA. I purchased my first PCP January, 2011. I have always thought AOA goes the extra mile. But now I have a bone to pick with him. I bought a very nice Daystate Redwolf and I did not get a call or one of those nice, hand made pellet pouches. Loving my Redwolf. Tell me what you think about the Misenheimer pellet pouch.

Chuck Misenheimer

Goodness, I can't believe I missed this post. I never get email updates on subscribed threads since the forum update. My apologies.

The pouch is amazing for 3 reasons:

1, it brings back memories from years past.

2, it was gifted to me by a man who earned my respect.

3, it is simply beautiful but so very practical.

I salute you Sir

I have a Beeman pellet pouch and it is really handy out in the field. It will hold several mags or a whole can of pellets. It is all leather with a vinyl liner.
1588553169_12795816255eaf65d1525830.55174695.jpg
1588553257_4346397115eaf6629638407.89773165.jpg
1588553480_12306475045eaf6708b9cfe9.41075418.jpg

I made the mistake of typing in airguns , it autofilled with airgunsofarizona and the rest was history. I like AOA a lot, in fact just got notification from them of my fde rti prophet arriving Tuesday. I order and sometimes I tell them don’t tell me the final price, just charge it and send it when it becomes available. Edgun west and AOA are my mainstays for everything airgun related .