• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

AoA has Wildcat MK2?

6576bf777e92a6e8c578c44845b7c184.jpg

Just saw this on FB. Not sure if legit. 

How can they have interchangeable barrels without power easy adjusters? If one is going to rig it for heavy boat-tail slugs, first we would need a faster twist barrel liner? Therefore, don't we need a higher regulator's BAR setting, higher tension hammer spring, and a wider transfer port adjustment system? (Like on the Impact and Crown.) I can't seem to find anything on the actual webpage.

"Vance"Does this mean everyone will be selling off their old Wildcats to make room for this new one? Might be a perfect time for me to pick one up.
I'm also interested to see if brand new 1st gen Wildcats will have a significant reduction in price now that a new model is out.
If you look closely, you will notice an uptick in Classified ads for WCs already. This really isn’t new News, the Cat has been out of the bag for a minute now. 

"davidsng"How can they have interchangeable barrels without power easy adjusters? If one is going to rig it for heavy boat-tail slugs, first we would need a faster twist barrel liner? Therefore, don't we need a higher regulator's BAR setting, higher tension hammer spring, and a wider transfer port adjustment system? (Like on the Impact and Crown.) I can't seem to find anything on the actual webpage.

STX liners have not been developed for slugs (yet). One can only assume that the current STX liners of the wildcat 2 were designed to accommodate the standard JSB Diablo pellet. 

"Michael"
"davidsng"How can they have interchangeable barrels without power easy adjusters? If one is going to rig it for heavy boat-tail slugs, first we would need a faster twist barrel liner? Therefore, don't we need a higher regulator's BAR setting, higher tension hammer spring, and a wider transfer port adjustment system? (Like on the Impact and Crown.) I can't seem to find anything on the actual webpage.

STX liners have not been developed for slugs (yet). One can only assume that the current STX liners of the wildcat 2 were designed to accommodate the standard JSB Diablo pellet. 

Michael, Thanks for the info

My understanding is that it is a bit lighter and the ability to swap liners within the same caliber. So this is geared to the ones who wants to have multiple liners looking for a better barrel to pellet match.

So lets say you want another caliber for the MKII; you would need to get the probe in the caliber you are swapping to, liner in the caliber you are swapping to and possibly the outer barrel sleeve the liner sits in. Reason why I say possibly is because I am not sure if it is interchangeable between claibers. I would hope so. 

So how is this different from the MKI Wildcat? 2 things as I know of with the news released so far. Its a bit lighter (no data yet on actual weight of MKII) and you are able to change the barrel and probe easier. Thats right. Maybe it is not common knowledge, the MKI has the ability to do barrel swaps as well. Same difference, get a probe and barrel. 

I see the MKII as only a easier means to change calibers and get a different twist rate. Different twist rate is great, opens up more options for us to use different pellets. Here's rhe catch. WHO is going to step up and compile all this costly data. Talking about the variables here, twist rate, pellet weights, pellet shape, velocity, HST adjustments for maximum efficiency. The wildcat is a great gun, regardless of generation. 

If anyone has an ear to whisper into over at FX; I would like to see some kind of post/ad from them with info and specs. I am not doubting or questioning any of the info so far. I will be in the market for a FX AG in the near future (still kicking around wants and needs vs $$). I just would like a complete overview for the decision making process "straight from the horse's mouth".

I believe it is FX's style to release these new guns by releasing only vague information about their specs, then cause the forums to flurry with activity based only in speculation and confusion. Then when shot show comes around, they (FX) will make everything clear and it will all make sense to us. We, in turn, will empty our wallets since we finially now know what we are buying.

"Rodeo"If anyone has an ear to whisper into over at FX; I would like to see some kind of post/ad from them with info and specs. I am not doubting or questioning any of the info so far. I will be in the market for a FX AG in the near future (still kicking around wants and needs vs $$). I just would like a complete overview for the decision making process "straight from the horse's mouth".

Lately, with the lack of a straight answer from those I have talked to, I think maybe I have been talking to the other end of the horse...

Crusher

"crusher75060"
"Rodeo"If anyone has an ear to whisper into over at FX; I would like to see some kind of post/ad from them with info and specs. I am not doubting or questioning any of the info so far. I will be in the market for a FX AG in the near future (still kicking around wants and needs vs $$). I just would like a complete overview for the decision making process "straight from the horse's mouth".

Lately, with the lack of a straight answer from those I have talked to, I think maybe I have been talking to the other end of the horse...
Crusher
Haha. Good one! Very reminiscent of our political system. Happy New Year guys! Shoot straight and be safe.