• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!

Events AOA Extreme Field Target GP & Air Gun Oregon Extreme BR and Big Bore Challenge- Ashland Or May 2-5th UPDATED

4rd Annual Air Guns of Arizona & Air Gun Oregon Extreme Air Gun Challenge

555 Emigrant Creek rd., Ashland, Oregon 97520 – May 2nd – 5th 2024

Registration/Sign In & Practice & Speed Silhouette, Thursday May 2nd, 2024

After Sign In, practice on the courses can start at 8:00 am Thursday morning.
Schedule of Events 2024 AOA AirGun Oregon Air Gun Challenge
Thursday 8:am to 6pm Registration
Thursday 8:am to 6pm practice after registration
Friday 8:00 to 8:30 EFT sight in
Friday 8:45 EFT shooters meeting
Friday 9:00 EFT match begins
Friday 11:30 EFT match hopefully done
Friday lunch 11:30-1;00
Friday EBR Pellet class relay one- 12:15
Friday EBR Pellet class relay Two- 1:00
Friday EBR Pellet class relay Three- 1:40
Friday EBR Pellet class relay Four- 2:20
Friday EBR Slug class relay One- 3:00
Friday EBR Slug class relay Two- 3:40
Friday EBR Slug class relay Three- 4:20
Saturday 8:00 to 8:30 EFT sight in
Saturday 8:45 EFT shooters meeting
Saturday 9:00 EFT match begins
Saturday 11:30 EFT match hopefully done
Saturday lunch 11:30-1;00
Saturday EBR Pellet class relay one- 12:15
Saturday EBR Pellet class relay Two- 1:00
Saturday EBR Pellet class relay Three- 1:40
Saturdau EBR Pellet class relay Four- 2:20
Saturday EBR Slug class relay One- 3:00
Saturday EBR Slug class relay Two- 3:40
Saturday EBR Slug class relay Three- 4:20
Sunday Silhouette Challenge 9:00am
Sunday EBR Pellet finals 10:00am
Sunday EBR Slug Finals 10:40am
Sunday Long Range Challenge 11:30am
Sunday Lunch & Awards 2:00pm

AOA Extreme Field Target Grand Prix – (Friday and Saturday Mornings 9am to Noon)

AOA GP Rules apply: Air Guns of Arizona Grand Prix Rules link

The Extreme Field Target Event will be limited to 48 competitors with match time starting for all competitors at 9:00 am, Friday and Saturday mornings. We will have 13 lanes with two targets per lane (one lane, the offhand lane, will have only one target, for 25 targets and two shots per target making a 50 shot per day match. We will have 3-4 competitors per squad, depending on the number of contestants. 100fpe power limit & .30 calibers or less, PELLETS ONLY - NO SLUGS. Any scope, but your scope power must be set to 32X or less

The targets are mostly round swingers painted red, with backstops that will be painted white so you can see your hits and misses. Any movement of the spinner is considered a hit. The non-shooting squad mates will time, score and spot hits and misses for the shooting competitor. If you have a spotting scope or binoculars, please bring them.

Competitors will have 3 min. to take their 4 shots. Each hit will count for 5 points, for 250 points possible per day; matching up with the total possible in the 100 yard Bench Rest and the Big Bore matches so we can have the Combined Awards too. . Timers will be used. Timers start when the competitors are “ready” to enter the shooting box. Any shots not taken before the time expires are considered misses. Targets will be placed at 15 yards to 110 yards. The target distance will be posted at the lane. The smallest spinner is 7/8” and largest is 4”. One lane with one target will be supported, standing offhand.

100 yard Air Gun Oregon AOA Extreme Bench Rest – (Friday and Saturday Afternoons and Finals Sunday Afternoon)

The Extreme Bench Rest relays will be shot Friday and Saturday after the Extreme Field Target and lunch, starting around 12:15 pm. There will be up to 5 relays of 12 competitors, allowing for 60 total participants in the EBR event. We will try a new “Unlimited 100fpe Slug” class this year. The relays will be split into slug and pellet class, keeping each separate. Slugs and Pellets are limited to 100fpe and 35 calibers for safety and scoring. There will be 20 minutes to shoot your 25 bull card and 5 min to remove your equipment from the bench. Tethering will be allowed in the Unlimited Slug Class. Tanks must be securely placed in the provided air tank safety holder so you can stay at your bench during the entire match. Please wait until all shooters are done, if you finish before the time is up wait silently and maybe check your card to be sure you shot each bull. Contestants will draw relay and lane assignments upon arrival and shoot with the same group both days. Relay start times will be reversed for the second card on Saturday afternoon.

We will keep the number of competitors in each relay as equal as possible. Only 12 can make the finals, so if we end up with 4 relays of 12, then the top 3 two day combined scores will make the finals from each group of 12. Conversely, if we have 36 or less contestants, then we have 3 relays of 12 and can have 4 of the top two day combined scores go to the Finals on Sunday after the Long Range Big Bore Challenge. Only the Finals card on Sunday will determine the winner of the Extreme Bench Rest Contest.

145 to 300 Long Range Challenge
The 145 to 300 Long Range Challenge Relays will start at 9am Sunday Morning.

This year we will have LED light Hit Indicators on the targets, so we won’t have to call cold lines and score the targets between target changes. We will have 5 lanes/benches with only one “TRIrant” target on each lane at 145, 175, 195, 260 and 300 yards. You will take 5 shots on each target. Hitting the center bull spinner quadrant, will light the 10 points flasher and the outside 2 rectangular swingers will light the 5 point LEDs, for a possible 50 points per lane, or 250 possible points for the match.

You will get 5 mins to take your 5 shots. Your gun must be kept on the shooting bench and pointed downrange at all times. Tethering will be allowed. Tanks must be placed in the securely provided air tank safety holder so you can stay at your bench during the entire match. Please wait until all shooters are done, if you finish before the time is up. Please quietly wait until all shooters are done.

Speed Silhouette
The Speed Silhouette Challenge will be held Sunday Morning at 9:am. Speed Silhouette will be two banks of five targets. One bank will be 7/8” at 35 Yards and the second bank will be 1 9/16” at 50 Yards. Competitors will shoot “Head to Head” The fastest times to knock over all 10 targets move on to the finals on Sunday Morning. The included Awards Lunch/Dinner to follow all the finals on Sunday.

Combined Two Best Scores Bonus Prize
The best two of your scores from the EBR pellet, ERB Slug, EFT and Long Range, for a 500 Possible High Score in the “Combined Best Scores Contest”. Ties will be decided by most X’s from EBR plus most EFT lanes without a miss, plus most “10s” in a row in EBR and Long range events combined together.

Match Entry Fees
You can enter in all five events: Extreme Field Target, 100 yard Extreme Bench Rest Pellet & Slug, Speed Silhouette, and or the 145 to 300 yard Big Bore Challenge. Each event match fee is $75, but if you enter in any 4, you get them for the price of 3 at $225. If you enter in all 5 you only have to pay for 4. Go here to purchase the events you want: https://airgunoregon.shop/products/...a-gp-event-may-2nd-5th?variant=48090183598401

Go here: airgunoregon.com to then register the equipment etc and choose the 4 events if you paid for 3 or 5 events if you paid for 4. Or the events are $75 each for less than 3 events. Match fees include the Awards Dinner/Lunch, but there will be a charge or donation for the daily brunch/ lunch meals.

Last edited:
Reactions: Centercut
I was thinking Mike Bricker should pay double entry fees since he won so much stuff last year... and to boot, shot a perfect score in the long range.. what do ya' all think?

Wayne
I think in 2023, the winner of your long range event went clean from 118yds to 241yds for score. But there was an optional target at 360yds. No one cleaned the optional 360yd target. Had it been included in the score, Mike still would have won, but he would not have cleaned the course.

For 2024, is the 370yd target still optional? Make it a required part of the score and the chance of a clean run will be less likely.

I’m looking forward to your 2024 match.

Last edited:
So, I'm hearing we don't get to pick which 5 out of the 6 targets... we only have 5 targets and they all get shot.. So, which target to we remove? The 360 or 115?.. or one from the middle?

Wayne
I’d recommend ADDING another target similar in size to the 260 yard target but put it at 300 ish yards, and delete the 360 yard target. This would be six targets from 120 to 300 yards. That paper target was too hard to see hits when it was at 360 anyway. I do like the targets that you guys came up with….
Or, do the same five targets and have them at 125, 160, 195, 245 and 305 yards. Same five targets that you already have.
In either case, running the table would be much harder. FYI, my gun is shooting better now than it did at Ashland…. 😉

Last edited:
Reactions: Airgunoregon
Remove the 115 and keep the 360.
Happy Holidays, Scott,

Yes, I think we should spread out the five swingers we have already... Every target will count.

I like that "Flash Bang" target hit indicator you sent me a link to. I can't find the link anymore.. please send it again. But, I can't figure out how to make it work for the 5 point side paddles and the 10 point center swinger. Any ideas?
Wayne

I’d recommend ADDING another target similar in size to the 260 yard target but put it at 300 ish yards, and delete the 360 yard target. This would be six targets from 120 to 300 yards. That paper target was too hard to see hits when it was at 360 anyway. I do like the targets that you guys came up with….
Or, do the same five targets and have them at 125, 160, 195, 245 and 305 yards. Same five targets that you already have.
In either case, running the table would be much harder. FYI, my gun is shooting better now than it did at Ashland…. 😉
Maybe you need to send that rig to me so I can fix it up for you:)

Maybe you need to send that rig to me so I can fix it up for you:)
Hmmm…. The 1:18 Superior Heavy was great out to 300 with Altaros 49.5, but lost stability past that. The new 1:16 STX Slug are good out to and past 500 yards. The extra spin was necessarily. I’m going to buy 3 or 4 of them since this first one is good, but not as accurate at 100 yards as the 1:18 Sup Heavy.

Happy Holidays, Scott,

Yes, I think we should spread out the five swingers we have already... Every target will count.

I like that "Flash Bang" target hit indicator you sent me a link to. I can't find the link anymore.. please send it again. But, I can't figure out how to make it work for the 5 point side paddles and the 10 point center swinger. Any ideas?
Wayne
Two targets. One with red center only, the other without but with a single white panel. Set the white six inches in back of the red. Have flash bang on both the white panel and red panel. This would only be necessary for targets greater than about 280 - 300 yards. We could see the hits on the 250 target. But not the 360.

I was asked if "Semi-Auto" air rifles will be allowed in the speed silhouette event. Yes, I think the triggers are so bad on the Semi-Auto rifles, that the accuracy is a trade off for the extra speed.... anyway, that's how we will try it for this year.

registration is filling... if interested, please let me know.

Thanks,
Wayne

Athlon Optics has just committed to be one of the sponsors for the 2024 AOA - Air Gun Oregon Extreme Air Gun Challenge.

Please be sure to give their products consideration when thinking about a new scope.

Personally, I think they have some of the best products at any price point, but when considering the price, they are unbeatable.
Especially, the Heras 15-60x56 at $600 retail. It's as clear and snaps as good as any scope I've looked thru or used in my 20 plus years of playing field target and bench rest.
https://airgunoregon.shop/products/heras-spr-15-60-56-blr2-sfp-moa

We are so glad and proud to have them as on of our sponsors.

Thanks,

I must be getting old, but how does the speed silhouette work?
For this year's Speed Silhouette Challenge, we plan on using our 4 banks of 5 knock over round targets. Two competitors will shoot head to head to try and knock over ten targets in the quickest time.

The first bank is 5 targets 7/8" diameter at 25 yards.... and the second bank is 1 - 9/16" diameter and set at 50 yards... So, ten targets to knock down as fast as you can.

You start with your magazine loaded with 10 pellets only. And you can have a spare mag also loaded with 10 pellets. So if you don't miss, you don't have to change mags.

Semi-Auto air rifles are allow, but have to also only load 10 pellets per mag.

Hope that helps.

For this year's Speed Silhouette Challenge, we plan on using our 4 banks of 5 knock over round targets. Two competitors will shoot head to head to try and knock over ten targets in the quickest time.

The first bank is 5 targets 7/8" diameter at 25 yards.... and the second bank is 1 - 9/16" diameter and set at 50 yards... So, ten targets to knock down as fast as you can.

You start with your magazine loaded with 10 pellets only. And you can have a spare mag also loaded with 10 pellets. So if you don't miss, you don't have to change mags.

Semi-Auto air rifles are allow, but have to also only load 10 pellets per mag.

Hope that helps.
Perfect - thanks!