• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!

Events AOA Extreme Bench Rest, Field Target & Big Bore April 27th 30th Ashland, Or

Here is the latest version of the format and schedule:
Air Guns of Arizona & Air Gun Oregon Extreme Air Gun Challenge

555 Emigrant Creek rd., Ashland, Oregon 97520

Registration/Sign In & Practice Thursday April 27th 2023

After Sign In, practice on the courses can start at 8:00 am Thursday morning. We have to quit by 5:00 pm

AOA Extreme Field Target Grand Prix – (Friday and Saturday Mornings)

Air Guns of Arizona Grand Prix Rules link

extremebenchrest.com

Extreme Benchrest Rules - Extreme Benchrest

Extreme Benchrest competition rules in Arizona. Shooting at 75 yards and 100 yards, this multi-day competition takes Benchrest to the Extreme!
extremebenchrest.com
extremebenchrest.com

The Extreme Field Target Event will be limited to 60 competitors with match time starting for all competitors at 10:00 am, Friday and Saturday mornings. sight in will be open at least by 8;am. We will have 12.5 lanes, 25 targets, with 4-5 competitors per squad, depending on the number of contestants.

There will be two targets per lane with two shots on each. 100fpe & .30 caliber or less only. Your scope power must be set to 32 or less.

The targets are mostly swingers with backstops that will be painted white so you can see your misses. Any movement of the spinner is considered a hit. The non-shooting squad mates will time, score and spot for the shooting competitor. If you have a spotting scope or binoculars, please bring them.

Competitors will have 3 min. to take their 4 shots. Each hit will count for 5 points, for 250 points possible; matching up with the total possible in the 100 yard Bench Rest and the Big Bore matches so we can have the Combined Awards too.

Targets will be placed at 25 yards to 100 yards. The smallest spinner is 7/8” and largest is 4”. One lane will be supported, standing offhand.

Combined Two Best Scores Bonus Prize

The best two of your scores will be counted in the bonus prize money for the Combined Best Scores awards.
You could have a single day score in EBR or EFT to pick your best two scores plus your Big Bore score if you shoot that also.
If you make the finals in the EBR then that card is also one that can be chosen for your best two.

You can enter in all three events: Extreme Field Target - 100 yard Bench Rest - 150- 370 yard Big Bore Challenge, or just one and your still entered in the Combined Score scoring for prizes.

100 yard Bench Rest – (Friday and Saturday Afternoons)

The bench rest relays will be shot Friday and Saturday after the field target and lunch, starting at 1:00 pm. If we have full attendance, then there will be 4 relays of 15 competitors, allowing for 60 total participants. There will be 25 min to shoot your card and 5 min to remove your equipment from the bench. Relay start times will be reversed for the second card on Saturday. Your best single card will be chosen to add to your other best score, pulled from up to three other events, to determine your score in the bonus Extreme Combined Challenge. If you are lucky enough to make the 15 top finalists for Sunday, then we include that card in determining your best two cards. But then again, you don’t have to make the finals in bench rest to win big in the combined prizes. You might shoot one really great card in qualifying but poop out on your second card and not make the finals with your two card total... but maybe a great EFT day or in the Big Bore.

The finals winners in the 100 yard Bench Rest are chosen by the combined three days cards, not the best card/score on Sunday’s match.

150 to 370 yard Big Bore Challenge

The Big Bore Challenge will be contested in the afternoons Friday and Saturday, like the 100 yard Bench Rest, and I’ve tried to allow as much time between your relays in each event as possible.

We will have 5 lanes/benches with only one “Tridrant” target on each lane at distances between 100 and 370 yards. Hitting the center bull spinner will be worth 10 points and the outside 2 side swingers will be worth 5 points each creating a possible 50 points per lane, or 250 points for the match.

You will get 5 mins to take your 5 shots, plus 5 min to get moved and setup on the next bench, before the next 5 min clock starts. Competitors waiting, and those who have shot already, will be encouraged to help with the scoring and spotting for those shooting. Filling your gun during the 5 min shoot time is allowed, but it must be kept on the shooting bench and pointed downrange at all times. Up to 30 competitors will shoot Friday and the same on Saturday.

In order for the prizes to be $1,000 & $1,500 for first place in Combined, and award prizes down to 5th place, the match fees need to be $100 per event. If you register for all 3, then the price is only $250… AND you have 3 chances for two good winning scores and a better chance at the extra combined prize money. With the total entries limited to 60, the odds of at least getting match fees back are pretty good.

IF you win all 3 events, you would bag $4,500 in total cash and prizes. AND, you don’t have to pay for events you don’t plan on competing in. EVEN if you only register for 1 event, you still have a chance to win some combined prize money.

I prefer emailing me for a registration form and using PayPal as a friend or mailing back the form with a check.. Bank processing fees are nastily high. Or the website will soon have registration available at airgunoregon.com

Wayne Burns, Email me for a registration form at [email protected]

Match Director,

AOA Extreme & Air Gun Oregon

Air Gun Challenge 2023

I'm working on a budget and the vendors/sponsors with hopes to have $8,250 in total prizes & or cash. I'll keep you posted on that of course.

Here is what I'm hoping for with enough competitors and contribution from the vendors/sponsors.

Prizes
100 y BR 1st$ 1,000.00
100 y BR 2nd$ 500.00
100 y BR 3rd$ 250.00
100 y BR 4th$ 100.00
100 y BR 5th$ 50.00
Extreme Field Target 1st$ 1,000.00
Extreme Field Target 2nd$ 500.00
Extreme Field Target 3rd$ 250.00
Extreme Field Target 4th$ 100.00
Extreme Field Target 5th$ 50.00
Big Bore AirGun 1st$ 1,000.00
Big Bore AirGun 2nd$ 500.00
Big Bore AirGun 3rd$ 250.00
Big Bore AirGun 4th$ 100.00
Combined EFT - EBR - Big Bore 1st$ 1,500.00
Combined EFT - EBR - Big Bore 2nd$ 800.00
Combined EFT - EBR - Big Bore 3rd$ 300.00
Total Prizes & Prize Money$8,250

Wayne Burns
Match Director
AOA Extreme EFT 2023
& Extreme 100y EBR
& 150-375 Big Bore Challenge
[email protected]

Last edited:
Whoa! Making it mandatory to shoot Big Bore? That’s a first. How about COMBINED best two out of three so you don’t penalize the vast majority that don’t have big bore guns and have no interest in big bore?
PS. Bring your hearing protection! 🤪
Can you define Big Bore?

Last edited:
Reactions: SoCalAirrifles
So ANY slug gun? Maybe Wayne is working that out…. More to follow I’m sure.
Any slug gun is allowed in the Big Bore match.. no FPE or caliber limit. 5 shots per Big Bore lane, no tethering, but you can fill on your bench during the 5 shots.

You don't have to shoot Big Bore, unless you want to be included in the combined scores. I can probably dance around the 50 entries limit if there is enough interest.... we can add more relays probably.

Last edited:
I'm trying to get the local clubs cowboy action folks to think about joining in with pistol ammo in rifles (45 long colt etc) to be in a match against the top Big Bore finalists.. They seem really interested. I think we can pull some of them over to air rifles when they see what can be done with them.

So that's what's going on with that other finals match on Sunday.

Any slug gun is allowed in the Big Bore match.. no FPE or caliber limit. 5 shots per Big Bore lane between filling your gun.

You don't have to shoot Big Bore, unless you want to be included in the combined scores. I can probably dance around the 50 entries limit if there is enough interest.... we can add more relays into the evening maybe..
Gotcha. So no tethering. I like that.

Ok, here is what I've worked out for the Big Bore game, but I'm still working with the Range Board on the new berms they will be building for us and the 600 yard club. If I can get the berms I want, then this could be the game.

We have 5 shooting benches with 5 staging benches in between. There will be one quadrant target at each bench. ( we will build these) I'm still working out the distance and size, but here is the first idea. 150 yards,- 6" squares with a 4" center round, 200 yards 8" squares with 5" center, 250 yards, 10" squares 6" center, 300 yards 12" squares with an 8" bull and 350 yards with a 10" bull.

You get 5 minutes on the shooting bench to set up, take your 5 shots and get ready to move to the staging bench where you will have your air tank ready. You have 3 min to fill and adjust scope if you desire, and be ready to set up on the next bench. So 8 mins per shooter per bench, so that's only 5 shooter per hour really. We will test that as soon as we can and see if we can lower the time to allow more competitors to play.

You would get 5 points for a center hit and 1 point for a hit on any square... so 25 point possible per lane.
You can use a rest or bipods, but you have to be able to move in in the time frame.
We plan to paint the targets every hour.
Hopefully also the new berms will show total misses off the target.
what ya think?

Wayne

Last edited:
Ok, here is what I've worked out for the Big Bore game, but I'm still working with the Range Board on the new berms they will be building for us and the 600 yard club. If I can get the berms I want, then this could be the game.

We have 5 shooting benches with 5 staging benches in between. There will be one quadrant target at each bench. ( we will build these) I'm still working out the distance and size, but here is the first idea. 150 yards,- 6" squares with a 4" center round, 200 yards 8" squares with 5" center, 250 yards, 10" squares 6" center, 300 yards 12" squares with an 8" bull and 350 yards with a 10" bull.

You get 5 minutes on the shooting bench to set up, take your 5 shots and get ready to move to the staging bench where you will have your air tank ready. You have 5 min to fill and adjust scope if you desire, and be ready to set up on the next bench. So 10 min per shooter per bench, so that's only 5 shooter per hour really. We will test that as soon as we can and see if we can lower the time to allow more competitors to play.

You would get 5 points for a center hit and 1 point for a hit on any square... so 25 point possible per lane.
You can use a rest or bipods, but you have to be able to move in in the time frame.
We might be able to paint the targets every hour in that 10 min opening.
Hopefully also the new berms will show total misses off the target.
what ya thnk?

Wayne
I personally like the idea of having it timed. More field target-esque and less bench howitzer.

Being required to shoot within a set time (and having it enforced) has increased the excitement and enjoyment of every airgun discipline or competition that I've been a part of. It really freaks some out, but those are typically the guys waiting on the wind to die off, which I always question as fair. If those with the patience and gall to sit there for 15 minutes while everybody else is waiting on them get a break in the wind, how fair is it for the guys that are considerate of the other competitors and don't want to gum up the entire match by shamelessly waiting out the wind.

Reactions: Centercut