• Much like Google Reviews - members are allowed to create (1) unique thread for each vendor/manufacturer. You may "edit" your thread at any time to reflect any changes.

AoA experience

January 26, I took the plunge and paid $1700 for a Ranger XR from AoA. When it arrived, I found that it lost air pressure fairly quickly. It took me a bit to realize just how busy AoA was and figure out how their customer service operated. Once I removed my head from my fifth point of contact, things went smoother. Shane called me and asked questions, made suggestions and offered a shipping label if the problem continued. Unfortunately, it did. I sent the rifle back and await its return. I'm guessing it has to be a simple problem. I do hope to get a diagnosis when the rifle is fixed. 

I'm irked that the rifle had problems, but pleased with the level of service I have received so far. 

That's pretty good but the right thing to do is send out a new one with the agreement that you'll be charged if the defective one isn't returned by whatever date. The dealer can exchange the defective one with his supplier and the maker improves their quality control to prevent this from happening again.

New means new in perfect working condition. We have to have standards and maintain them.

Shane went over fill technique with me and suggested that I fill it and shoot it till low and repeat the process to see if something needed to seat. This gun uses a probe type filler, so I'm not sure which o-ring might be bad. Or how to access it. They were kind enough tOpening it slowly allowed some air loss.o e-mail a shipping label, so I returned it for repair. I know mechanical things sometimes fail. I'm sure it will be made right.

I did find out that when the cylinder reached full pressure, the bleed valve should be opened quickly after closing the fill valve.