AOA dropping BSA

Looking for a low power PCP and the BSA Ultra Tactical fits my intended needs. But, AOA is dropping BSA. Going to the BSA website nothing listed for NA except AOA.

Any insight on why they are dropping BSA? Where would I get it serviced for warranty if needed? Parts? How do I find a knowledgeable tech to repair if needed?

Thnx in advavance!

I’d call and ask someone at AOA. How do you know for sure that AOA is dropping the brand? Just based upon observation the BSAs didn’t appear to sell well. I saw a BSA with a Union Jack stock in the used section for a while. Then they had a sale, it may have been the Spring Sale (that appeared to have started during the Autumn or Winter 2021), where several BSAs were listed in the sub $1k price range. You pose an interesting question. I’m a little curious now that you mentioned it. Have you looked at any sub-12 fpe Air Arms rifles?

I'm the guy who has a cracked union jack stock on a BSA gold star ultra 22. AOA is making good on the stock, but i'm going to wait.

in the intern, i pinned and glued it. The thing is a tack driver. My daughter has the.177 also. in the salt and pepper stock and loves it as much.

to bad they are dropping them. i think it has to do with us freedom lovers wanting more power. it doesn't need it in HFT.

there are other choices for high power.

carry on

I have no direct knowledge on the current situation but a few things come to mind. 

BSA is owned by Daisy/Gamo so maybe they're redoing their distro contracts. In the past Pyramyd Air has done the distribution for the BSA guns and did the repair/warranty work. 

The roll out of the CLX wasn't broadcast in the US. Even in the UK it was kind of muted after it's initial press release. Not sure if BSA had supply chain issues but it was an odd roll out for a new platform from a major airgun manufacturer both in the UK and US. Maybe all thos Gamo branded BSAs caused issues with getting their own products out?

I still have 5 BSA pcps (Don't ask about spring guns lol) and I like them alot. As someone else mentioned in the thread, platform wise BSA seem to have focused on the 12fpe (UK) to 35fpe range which puts them in an odd spot in the US market that has focused on FPE and being user adjustable. They make great compact lower powered pcps but there are alot of other options now. The BSA JB designed platform can do 60fpe in .22 but it takes some work. 

I'm sure someone will pick up the line in the US if it's true. Hopefully time will bring clarity to the topic.

i have a old super 10 i got from them years ago , i up dated it with quick fill and gage v block , still a dead accurate gun 

20180827_130212.1648528761.jpg

AOA used to sell the BSA brand more that a decade ago. Then they dropped the line. I suspect that the brand became less desirable after other brands kept improving their products. 

Then came the nasty breakup between AOA and FX. AOA picked up the BSA once again. I suspect because they lost their major partnership..

BSA has been using the same block on every model other than the S10. The new mono block design is intriguing, but a decade late. About all I care for are their barrels..

Looking for a low power PCP and the BSA Ultra Tactical fits my intended needs. But, AOA is dropping BSA. Going to the BSA website nothing listed for NA except AOA.

Any insight on why they are dropping BSA? Where would I get it serviced for warranty if needed? Parts? How do I find a knowledgeable tech to repair if needed?

Thnx in advavance!
Talked to AoA and they indeed don't work on BSA. They don't know of anyone who can work on a BSA Scorpion pistol (which I need to have repaired). Anyone out there know of anyone who will work on that pistol?

@Motorhead is one of very few left knows how to work on these older guns and have the know how plus tools to make parts for them.
Motorhead is The Tuner I'd go to ..... in Northern Calf.
He coached me to completely disassemble and Modify my R10 back in 2016; valve, regulator and hammer changes. BSA's have many moving parts and not super easy to work on. You need to take a lot of pictures.

Reactions: qball