• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Anywhere to find FX crown hammer and valve mods?

Hm, Ok. I gathered that FX was supposed to be selling them (but are not). And that Earnest had been making them. But there isn't much proof that he ever did besides maybe a video on youtube of him installing a hammer/guide. I can make the mods myself. It's just going to be a lot of time spent. It'd honestly be far more sensible to just buy pre-made parts (time=money) than get materials, measure, take my ass to the machine shop, and finalize 1 mod. Test, make another, test, and hopefully make the final iteration. Though, the end result would be potentially more fine tuned to my needs than an off the shelf part.

A part of this is a bit off-putting, that FX is not being considerate to what their customers want. Whether or not it may cause other parts or the gun to fail, I'm sure anyone doing mods is already aware of the risk. I get the feeling they're treading lightly because they want to be able to offer mods that they will warranty. And have ceased to offer them due to reliability concerns. It just seems odd to me that no one. No one is offering these parts.

i know it is a late reply. No, I shouldn’t call it a reply, but a request to ANYBODY who can provide parts, that will increase the power of my .25 FX Crown. I am 100% sure that there are many people on this forum, who are capable of making HP parts for an FX Crown. I’ve seen the amazing craftsmanship of some guy’s here!

i think it has to do, being not such a popular & massively sold gun like the FX impact. That market is bigger.

Losing warranty isn’t an issue in my case, coz warranty time passed by! So if ANYBODY, regardless where he (or she😉) is located, PLEASE advice on this one.

I have GOOD money to spend to pump the Crown a bit up! 

I know someone is out there who is capable of building these parts. Consider this a distress call from someone who’s willing to spend decent money for Crown HP parts. I am serious about this. So i hope someone will step forward, and help a few Crown owners out. 

Thx!

Cheers.

1569244963_13752526985d88c72314f7b8.83747131_45C1A98C-5130-414E-9914-5A3591DAAC9D.jpeg
1569244963_11825448265d88c72388b945.97604712_D5565B4C-DF2A-4F7D-B0F1-D3AA4342958B.jpeg
Hey guys, Allen Zasadny can definitely do what you want. I certainly can’t say when or how much it would cost, but I know he can do it. He made a hammer weight and tuned my .30 cal Crown as I watched. It’s shooting the 44.75’s at 885 FPS for 78 fpe. He is really busy all the time, but definitely call him and ask him about it. I asked him if it was ok to post his number and he said yes. You can reach him at 319-327-4303. Here’s a group at 100 yards and a picture of spent pellets as I sighted in at my 20 yard skunk baiting station. It’s incredibly accurate and really powerful... and boy does it gulp air!!

@davelarson: THANKS A LOT

But i am located !n Belgium-Europe, and sending my gun over would be necessary, but impossible. In Belgium it is not allowed to ship ANY weapon. Not even local.

If i look @the Ernest Rowe video, a hammer kit would be simply made IF you know how to use a lathe, AND knowing what spring he uses. Tried to contact him for over a year now! No use! And he doesn’t even have the decency to tell me to get lost! But answering his social club is no problem! Just look on youtube and instagram, The “famous” get always a reply instantly but LOADS of common airgunners are being ignored like sh**!

i wonder how much he charged them 68 Whiskey guy’s to spend the day with them!?

Cheers

Odin Warrior, Maybe look into whether or not you can send just the core or block over here. If there’s no stock or bottle or barrel or trigger assembly it’s almost not a gun. And I would think that someone qualified over here could put it back together using another rifle, tune it and send it back. Just an idea, I don’t know if it could be done. Definitely call AZ and ask him. Be patient though sometimes I have to wait a few weeks before I get him on the phone. Best of luck my friend!

Thanks. My 0.22 caliber air rifle. I disassembled it and found that the part Hammer Weight-19215 is installed there, and according to the instructions, Hammer Weight – 17003 should be installed in it. The maximum speed of a JSB bullet (18.1 grn) at all maximum settings in my air rifle is 238-239 m / s (780-785 ft/s). To increase the power I wanted to install a new Hammer Weight – 17003. So I wanted to know the exact dimensions and weight.

yes. You basicaly want to max adjustment on that until you can go no further, then back it back in about 2 turns. Then dial the gun in from there. You may be able to reduce adjustment on T9 lower, but I have mine cranked all the way up. With 18.13gr pellets I'm seeing 610fps at lowest settings on port and power wheel. And 915-920fps on highest at 125bar (using 380mm barrel)

With custom 7gm hammer weight and regulator pressure of 145bar I can see 950fps with 25gr slugs in a 500mm barrel