• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Anything going down in S.florida?

Hi Y’all. Im new to the springer game and to the forum. I recently purchased an Air Arms Tx200 HC. Ive had multiple air guns over the years but never knew that guns of this quality even existed. Ive owned extremely expensive Skeet and sporting clays shot guns that dont match the quality and finish of the TX. needless to say Im very happy with my purchase. With that being said I gotta say Im getting tired of shooting paper. Id like to put the TX through its paces on a hunt of some kind. Is anyone aware how I can make that happen in South Florida, Miami? Is it even legal? 

One word. Iguanas! Depending on the power level of your gun, you should easily be able to help out the community down there & thin them out. Verify legality by checking with the local FWC, & or association if applicable.

Lots of folk down there doing it. You will probably need to exercise judgment on the size of iguana you can humanely dispatch, along with your confidence in putting the shot in the right place.

*Can probably hunt squirrels and rabbits if the pythons have left any. You will need to check the hunting season etc. Hit the Glades & see what you see. Heck, maybe can even tag a small python. 

One word. Iguanas! Depending on the power level of your gun, you should easily be able to help out the community down there & thin them out. Verify legality by checking with the local FWC, & or association if applicable.

Lots of folk down there doing it. You will probably need to exercise judgment on the size of iguana you can humanely dispatch, along with your confidence in putting the shot in the right place.

*Can probably hunt squirrels and rabbits if the pythons have left any. You will need to check the hunting season etc. Hit the Glades & see what you see. Heck, maybe can even tag a small python.

Yes! This right here. You beat me to the punch. Lets hope someone else chimes in. I have been itching to do my first Iguana hunt, and hope to either end of this year ir early next....

Only thing is they are tough as hell. Shot placement is vital and good power are needed. I've read that a 12 FPE head shot could do the trick for most, but for me I think I'd really hope to be at a minimal 17 FPE. I'm sure others will give their input.....

Dont take my word for it....never hunted one yet just researched it some....

Watch some videos. They will often shrug off chest and or body shots often seeming to barely notice even 20 FPE shots.

The weakest airgun I've zapped a few with (head shots) was a .25 cal BSA Ultra SE pushing 20 grain pellets at 500fps and they all went down, this was at a minimum of 18 yards - from the sliding door of my bedroom right to where the canal behind my house is where they would hang out. I probably got rid of 30 with the BSA and with a Walther Terrus in .22. Now a days they all hang out on the other side of the canal and for the most part run when I open the sliding door and step outside (mind you they are about 100 feet way), they only hang out diagonally to where my door is and not straight behind it, at longer distances I used a Daystate Huntsman in .20 and now a Zobria FC in .22. Yesterday I zapped one at about 30 yards with the Zbroia and I kid you not, another one came out of the bushes and dragged the dead one away. They are tough, after I hit them the vultures land but can't seem to pick through their tough skin and end up leaving. Shot placement is key, I was using lead free pellets but had some runners I guess because of pass throughs - I'm using heavier lead pellets now with excellent results. I don't have a scope and shoot with a red dot so there are a few that are out of my reach.