• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Anything better than the Taipan Veteran for the money?

Just do it!

D36FA38C-8BE4-4FBD-9423-5C75ED8AF059.1622362672.jpeg
9E6EFA4B-1D7C-441E-A2C9-BEEA4233B93E.1622362672.jpeg
62315B6B-20BA-4C0A-B94B-6A354464B491.1622362672.jpeg

I took Scott's advice a while back and bought a taipan mutant as my first higher level airgun. Everything since then has been a disappointment except my revere.

I feel the same way. I spent the first several years tricking out the $300-$600 guns, spending well over what a Mutant/Veteran costs, and never got even close to similar performance/build quality. I start to look at other guns, but then I think about how they'll stack up to my Veteran and I lose interest. 

I live in midwest farm country now, so if I get some permissions, I'm going to make a slug shooter. I've thought about a RAW, Airforce Condor, FX, etc. and always come back to starting with a Veteran Long. Even if I have to rebarrel, the platform is so rugged and amazing that it's worth it. 

I’ve owned a vet long and it was a fine piece of machine work. I own a Uragan too though I think the bluing on the Vet surpasses the mil spec finish on the metal parts on the Uragan and also on a Cricket II I owned. The vet and Cricket are equally adjustable viable the HS but adjusting the reg on those two or the Uragan are much more difficult. 

I personally feel the RTI Prophet exceeds all of the above mentioned rifles. Fit and finish is on par with the Vet and surpasses the other two. Where the Prophet shines is in its simplistic design and ease of adjustability of the regulator and HS. If you want a rifle to shoot out of the box and never anticipate adjusting it to its maximum potential (of which no rifle is as received) then buy the rifle that makes you happy and in this case it might well be the Vet. However, if you want to adjust the regulator and HS without disassembling the gun then consider the Phrophet. It also has a gauge displaying reg pressure which the vet doesn’t have. The cocking lever is ambidextrous as is the magazine. The prophet mag is so easy to insert and remove and can be inserted from the left or right. The breech seal is on the probe and not inside the barrel.

Accuracy is where the Prophet shines and surpasses the other examples I’ve had in my possession. The Prophets seem to be consistent too as I own the LR and also the Compact version and both share similar parts and accuracy. It has a LOT of power on tap if that is what you are looking for? More power than any rifle I’ve had yet.

When I was considering a Prophet someone on the forum suggested I look at how many Prophets come up for resale on the used market verses other rifles I was also considering. He said that silently speaks volumes and he was right. Folks who own Prophets seem to be very happy with them and don’t sell them off.

Just got an offer to purchase NEW, from a large well-known dealer, several different pcp and declined to purchase at a very good discount on ALL.

1) RTI Prophet Compact just couldn't 'stomach' the looks of a GIANT tank hanging / dangling off the front. HIGH fill pressure of 300 bar.

2) AGT Vixen with rear bottle reminds me of the TalonSS ergonomics issue. HIGH fill pressure of 300 bar.

3) Cricket II Tactical 45 WTC CAL. 5.5 (.22). GIANT tank hanging / dangling off the front and HIGH fill pressure of 300 bar.

Those guns make the Taipan and HW100 look like pure gold nuggets to me.

Just got an offer to purchase NEW, from a large well-known dealer, several different pcp and declined to purchase at a very good discount on ALL.

1) RTI Prophet Compact just couldn't 'stomach' the looks of a GIANT tank hanging / dangling off the front. HIGH fill pressure of 300 bar.

2) AGT Vixen with rear bottle reminds me of the TalonSS ergonomics issue. HIGH fill pressure of 300 bar.

3) Cricket II Tactical 45 WTC CAL. 5.5 (.22). GIANT tank hanging / dangling off the front and HIGH fill pressure of 300 bar.

I disagree on the aesthetics of a tank gun, but agree with the Vixen ergos. Great thing about airguns these days is that there are so many high quality guns we can all have exactly what we want. 

I disagree on the aesthetics of a tank gun, but agree with the Vixen ergos. Great thing about airguns these days is that there are so many high quality guns we can all have exactly what we want.

I am looking HARD at the RTI Prophet Compact at this VERY moment. Minds can be changed and that includes mine. I actually thought the Taipan was hideous now I am gaga over it.