Anything better than duct seal for silent trap?

Rubber mulch in a box, bucket or barrel works good

My rubber mulch bucket set ups have lasted awhile. Just yesterday I timed how long it would take to dump out the mulch, sift out most of the pellets, and dump the cleaned mulch back into the bucket after I change out the screen and aluminum shield inside the bucket to hold the mulch back, and it took me an hour to do 3 buckets. 
I go thru around 15-18 fx high capacity mags and then it’s time to clean out the mulch and replace the shield. Here are a couple of pics of my set up at 55 yards out my front lawn-

7A0396CD-ABCB-4540-8E6D-0283C5CE77B6.1645204873.jpeg
CF422D9D-7562-4A8C-8C2B-8E16014862E6.1645204875.jpeg
6106DF82-DFCA-463B-9ABC-D9C46B677798.1645204875.jpeg

Others have said it and it seems your not open to the idea but rubber mulch would be your best bet for the quietest pellet trap. Would take some redesign of your current traps to contain the mulch but if you want quiet it's probably the best and the least maintenance. Only thing I hear shooting 1025 fps pellet at 20 yards is the pellet hitting the cardboard target. One only needs 4 inches of mulch to stop a pellet, I've heard of guys shooting 9mm and 45's into less then 8 inches of mulch. The lead dust is also greatly reduced in rubber mulch due to the pellets remaining mostly intact instead of splattering.

Others have said it and it seems your not open to the idea but rubber mulch would be your best bet for the quietest pellet trap. Would take some redesign of your current traps to contain the mulch but if you want quiet it's probably the best and the least maintenance.

Actually on Feb 11th I wrote: "I am open to the rubber mulch but how would you keep in place over such a large surface?"

If you have any ideas I'm all ears.

Thanks,
Dave

You can use rubber mulch but you'd have to make a wooden box a few inches thick to contain it within your trap. My trap is a wooden box with a front of cardboard filled with rubber mulch. I have to replace the cardboard sometimes because it gets too big a hole in it. It just staples in place. It could be a little difficult if those traps can't be laid on their backs for cardboard replacement. If they can, the sides of the box will take hits too and need replaced periodically but it should work fine.

Part of designing a trap that’ll meet the requirements of sound deadening and strength, and planning convenience items such as media recycle methods, making it completely weatherproof, making it portable, and at the same time top it off with some visual appeal takes some skill. Not just hand skills but skills in looking far enough ahead. 

This is one of those things where, “if it was easy anyone could do it”.

pellet trap design will never go away as a subject matter in an airgun forum. There’s always a better way.