• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Anything better than a bugbuster?

Here is the review if you, gents, have not seen it yet:

https://www.ctcustomairguns.com/hectors-airgun-blog/how-can-less-be-more

To fortify his claim, I have had extremely tight groupings when my magnification is not maxed out.

At 25 yards, I can do 1-hole shots with my scope set at 6x-7x for as long as it is a hashmark reticle.

Hi had the privilege of writing that review for Hector and let me tell you, that little sightmark really WOW'd me! It really was bright, clear, and a true pleasure to use! The only issue I had with it was that the illumination switch got wacky and would not turn off and would drain the battery. I rarely if ever *needed* illumination, so that was not a big deal to me.

:)

Here is the review if you, gents, have not seen it yet:

https://www.ctcustomairguns.com/hectors-airgun-blog/how-can-less-be-more

To fortify his claim, I have had extremely tight groupings when my magnification is not maxed out.

At 25 yards, I can do 1-hole shots with my scope set at 6x-7x for as long as it is a hashmark reticle.

Hi had the privilege of writing that review for Hector and let me tell you, that little sightmark really WOW'd me! It really was bright, clear, and a true pleasure to use! The only issue I had with it was that the illumination switch got wacky and would not turn off and would drain the battery. I rarely if ever *needed* illumination, so that was not a big deal to me.

:)

So that was you, sir!

Extremely well-written, I must say!

I’m wanting a small, light scope for my springer. Short range, no more than 20 yards and able to focus up close. I have a peep on it now. Just wondering if the bugbuster is the best option, I’d like to keep the cost under $200.

If you can find one the Burris Timberline series focuses down to 7 yards and I think even closer. I'm not sure if the entire series does but my 4.5-14 does. 

I also have a BugBuster and do prefer using the side focus over the AO of the Burris. I like the Burris better overall, however. I guess it depends on how close you want to shoot and how much you'll adjust the focus knob.

If ten yards and up will work then I believe all of the Discovery and Tac Vector 3-12x44 options are springer rated. There is a SFP version for sale in the Classifieds right now.

The Burris Timberline is still available at Pomona Airguns.

They even have the classic 6-24x40 Bushnell Elite (my first ever Bushnell Elite so many years ago), 1", mildot scope.

I have not heard of anyone buying from them lately though.

https://www.pomona-airguns.com/shop/scopes

I would not be surprised if Senor Odoyle's going to grab one or 2 😁

Finally had a chance to try my sightmark core, it’s exactly what I was looking for. I wanted simple, my shooting ranges from 10 to 30 and even without an adjustable parallax this scope is easy to use. The one issue I seem to be having is the the ocular adjustment was shifting as I used it so I put an oring around it, hopefully it stays put. Overall I’m very happy with it.

C581C64F-53F4-43DB-8B16-CAB0544A0500.1603049684.jpeg
44DFB52B-8021-4D2C-9E20-BFCD2ADC0293.1603049686.jpeg

I’m wanting a small, light scope for my springer. Short range, no more than 20 yards and able to focus up close. I have a peep on it now. Just wondering if the bugbuster is the best option, I’d like to keep the cost under $200.

If you can find one the Burris Timberline series focuses down to 7 yards and I think even closer. I'm not sure if the entire series does but my 4.5-14 does. 

I also have a BugBuster and do prefer using the side focus over the AO of the Burris. I like the Burris better overall, however. I guess it depends on how close you want to shoot and how much you'll adjust the focus knob.

If ten yards and up will work then I believe all of the Discovery and Tac Vector 3-12x44 options are springer rated. There is a SFP version for sale in the Classifieds right now.

The Burris Timberline is still available at Pomona Airguns.

They even have the classic 6-24x40 Bushnell Elite (my first ever Bushnell Elite so many years ago), 1", mildot scope.

I have not heard of anyone buying from them lately though.

https://www.pomona-airguns.com/shop/scopes

I would not be surprised if Senor Odoyle's going to grab one or 2 
1f601.svg

That's $469 for scopes I pay $300 for...

I’m going to be able to report back on sightmark warranty. So far I’m very happy with their customer service, I contacted them yesterday and already have an RMA and sent it back to get looked at. The ocular adjustment was shifting and when I looked closer it seems like the threads aren’t working properly, I could pull it in and out about 1/8 inch or more without twisting it.

Even with this issue I’m still happy with it and recommend it for anybody who is looking for a simple, short range scope