• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Anything better than a bugbuster?

Check this out, I have one on a Talon-P. I am impressed, I paid 34 bucks for mine

https://www.amazon.com/Hatsan-Optima-4X32CE-AO-Compact-Scope/dp/B01MR8IJ45/ref=sr_1_15?crid=WJ3I6W88HXTL&dchild=1&keywords=optima+scope+4x32&qid=1602194714&sprefix=optima+scope%2Caps%2C175&sr=8-15

51LYAUNUsFL._AC_SL1280_.jpg

Take a look at sun optics "Shorty forty".
Screenshot_20201008-184542.1602197232.png

Don't mean to squash your toes but Sun Optics scopes are way overpriced for what you get (I Have Sun Optics scope too) their adjustable rings are semi reasonably priced though. TRY to find a dealer that sells them for half their retail price.

No squash toes here. Work fine for my application.
20200319_115729.1602198730.jpg

I use the hawke vantage 2x7x32 and the vantage 4x fixed. IMO they are better than the bug buster. It would be interesting to have someone do a side by side video review of the two scopes. I love the hawke vantage for airguns tho. In fact this year I slapped one on my deer rifle when I had an emergency and it killed a deer. Very impressive scope for 80 bucks. Solid clicks on the turrets. 

I’m wanting a small, light scope for my springer. Short range, no more than 20 yards and able to focus up close. I have a peep on it now. Just wondering if the bugbuster is the best option, I’d like to keep the cost under $200.

If you can find one the Burris Timberline series focuses down to 7 yards and I think even closer. I'm not sure if the entire series does but my 4.5-14 does. 

I also have a BugBuster and do prefer using the side focus over the AO of the Burris. I like the Burris better overall, however. I guess it depends on how close you want to shoot and how much you'll adjust the focus knob.

If ten yards and up will work then I believe all of the Discovery and Tac Vector 3-12x44 options are springer rated. There is a SFP version for sale in the Classifieds right now.

I’m wanting a small, light scope for my springer. Short range, no more than 20 yards and able to focus up close. I have a peep on it now. Just wondering if the bugbuster is the best option, I’d like to keep the cost under $200.

If you can find one the Burris Timberline series focuses down to 7 yards and I think even closer. I'm not sure if the entire series does but my 4.5-14 does. 

I also have a BugBuster and do prefer using the side focus over the AO of the Burris. I like the Burris better overall, however. I guess it depends on how close you want to shoot and how much you'll adjust the focus knob.

If ten yards and up will work then I believe all of the Discovery and Tac Vector 3-12x44 options are springer rated. There is a SFP version for sale in the Classifieds right now.

Got a phone call and hit submit.

I believe the Burris 4.5-14 is springer rated but I think I read something about it not working well with some springers due to the combination of long eye relief and overall length. Pushes the scope too far forward for some springers.