• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Anyone with inpact m3 having problems?

Im having problems. I have a Mk1, MK2, and MK3. The MK3 is the only one with unacceptable level of stiction impact on initial velocity. If the gun sits overnight, I have to shoot out 5 shots to bring my POI back on target. If it sits for even 20 min, I have to waste a shot to "break the orings free."

I have a suspicion this is not necessarily caused but it is exascerbated by the low reg pressures and the increased dwell time of the valve operation.

Neither my MK1 or 2 have this problem. Both of those use higher final reg pressure = higher force to break the valve open. I suspect this masks the sticking orings.

My M3 is useless for hunting. I cant be blowing off warning shots to get the gun warmed up...or risk taking an unethical shot.

I would not buy the M3 again. Super dissapointed.

Im having problems. I have a Mk1, MK2, and MK3. The MK3 is the only one with unacceptable level of stiction impact on initial velocity. If the gun sits overnight, I have to shoot out 5 shots to bring my POI back on target. If it sits for even 20 min, I have to waste a shot to "break the orings free."

I have a suspicion this is not necessarily caused but it is exascerbated by the low reg pressures and the increased dwell time of the valve operation.

Neither my MK1 or 2 have this problem. Both of those use higher final reg pressure = higher force to break the valve open. I suspect this masks the sticking orings.

My M3 is useless for hunting. I cant be blowing off warning shots to get the gun warmed up...or risk taking an unethical shot.

I have the exact same problem with my Crown mkii. It has been to fx usa 4 times now and it comes back exactly the same way. Yesterday I would let it sit for 3 minutes 865, 870, 875,875. Let it sit for 10 minutes 855,860,870,875,875 and it's not reg creep

Brass piston upgrades for the regs take care of the problems with the regs as far as sticktion u can adjust using a tad more hammer to get most of it out or add a peek disc for the sticktion there is a big post on here on how to make the disc to take care of the sticktion mk2 also has the same problem with sticktion like I said the easiest way is to add some more hammer spring tension to overcome the problem

I had a very similar issue with my fx wildcat Mk2 I went through and replaced to a huma reg and it was still happening. I then tried turning the hammer spring up half a turn and the problem was resolved.

Reactions: SniperX