Anyone with an impact m3, do you have to dry fire b4 hunt?

This topic comes up on average about once a month.

O-ring wedging and stiction on the valve rod.

Reactions: Trucker3573
Yes I always do with mine. I know there is a fix just haven’t seen it as large enough issue yet. Mine is set to shoot 25.39 at 890. The other day I shot it without dry firing after sitting a day or two. The first shot was like 830 or something. Took 3-4 to come all the way back. At 50 yards it didn’t have a bunch of effect on poi but further distances would certainly suffer.

This topic comes up on average about once a month.

O-ring wedging and stiction on the valve rod.
Yes I know mk2 have the problem. I was asking for m3 owners if they have the same issue as mk1/mk2 owners. I thought the dual reg would fix the issue so just wondering.

Reactions: oledawg
The issue has nothing to do with how many regs a gun has. It has to do with the valve rod. I modified my MKll’s and now my three M3’s to all but eliminate the problem. It’s done with some custom parts and how you tune the gun. My .22 and .25 sluggers send their first cold shots within an acceptable ES of the target velocity. My one M3 is a pellet shooter. I have it modded to eliminate oring extrusion but the amazing tune that shoots three different weight pellets unbelievably without touching a knob has my first cold shot about 15fps slow. With a pellet at normal distances, that’s not a big deal. I won’t give up that tune just to try to tune out that one slightly slower shot. You mentioned that most if not all guns do it. You’re wrong. Most if not all of my other guns don’t do it unless I have to rebuild the reg. It’s a FX flaw for having the luxury of being able to adjust your dwell with a knob. My advice is if you truly have a bragging tune with your gun, especially with slugs and don’t mind being a dump two in the dirt or “fire a couple to let the reg settle” kind of guy, leave your gun alone and enjoy it. Because once you tear into it and do the mods, change how you tune the hammer strike, you might never find that accuracy you once had. But you might. All I’m saying is it’s not easy finding a spectacular every day, every week, every month, killer accurate tune with slugs. If you currently have it, might not want to jeopardize it.