Anyone using the Pard NV-007S night vision?

I have been looking into night vision stuff. I cannot afford 2k plus scopes and goggles. While looking at optics planet I came across this pard 007s add on night vision. Price is not bad still more then I can toss out the window, so I am looking for more info on it. I will never be reaching out farther then 150yrds and honestly will not be past 100 yrds most of the time. Use will be to take out field mice and protect the chicken coop from whatever at mostly 60 yrds.

Have you had use or do you use the Pard 007s NV?

What are your thoughts?

Did you find something better? (please state what)

I can get the Pard to the door for under 500 bucks is that an ok price?

Thanks for any input in advance. 

I have recently purchased a Pard007S after owning a Pard008LRF for a while. I like the idea of just mounting on a scope and shoot. Now, one thing that I will suggest is to mount it on a 3x or 4x scope because if your scope is 6x or higher, you will have a hard time scanning the area downrange with the tight field of view especially if you are hunting coyotes and such. I have mounted it on my element 6-24x50mm SFP and the FOV is very tight. Not practical for my coyote hunting IMO. I would have preferred to have a wider view so I can spot them in the dark better. Next thing to add to this scope is to use (my case 2x) 850nm IR torch so that for one you are conserving the Pard battery and secondly the external IR(s) will light up the area much better than the built in one. At least that was my experience.

Not sure if you have come across my channel where I am using the Pard008LRF for rats shooting with 2x external IR setup. With that system it is much easier to use than the 007.

Obviously the 007S is cheaper than the 008LRF, but they both are very for the application. There is another product which I am sure you have seen before, the New Leaf unit. I have recently received one from the manufacturer to test out this unit. Hopefully I will have some time to test and compare the two units, 007S and NewLeaf.

I bought my Pard007S and 008LRF from Aliexpress and I have had no issue.

Good luck with your search. Night vision shooting is awesome when you get the setup correct for the task at hand. Rats or starlings roosting at night are easy picking.

checkout my channel if you haven't done so: Air Rifle Pestings

If you don't need to range the area in the dark, then then NV008 will be sufficient as you can pre range the target area in daylight where you are planning to shoot. Sometimes the LRF does come in handy in new locations where you might not be able to guesstimate. Everything you see in the dark thru the night vision scope is very deceiving as you wouldn't have any depth perception at all. There is a new Pard008 coming out, might be something for you to consider. Buy once cry once, lol. The 007S is a great add on, just make sure your scope zoom is from x3 and up and for rats shooting, make sure the scope is capable of focusing from 5 yards and out. I am having the same issue with my busnell scope at the moment where I am using the New Leaf on my S510 .177 calibre. I have tried out this combination during the daytime testing and the footages are pretty good, clear and colorful. All except when I try to shoot distance within 20 yards and it was out of focus due to my scope's limitation. Video to follow soon. By the way the NewLeaf is a bit cheaper than the Pard007S FYI.

right, OneLeaf. This is a cheaper unit than the Pard NV007S. I received one to review from supplier recently. The unit is pretty good with similar functions and features and it comes with three adapters as compared to the Pard. So it is a bonus if you have different size scopes. The only negative is the audio recording IMO. The sound is just too distorted.

I have recently uploaded a couple of OneLeaf videos. I have yet to do a night time review with it. Stay tuned.

I know I'm late for this discussion, but I have 2 pard 007 NV add ons and they are the 1-4x versions. They ran about 3 hundred each [ pard 007a] and I love them. They can be tricky to operate in that the magnification will increase the size of the reticle and shrink your field of view so you need to adjust your magnification setting when in use. I can't speak for the one leaf unit. seems similar.