• *Effective 3/27/2024 - The discussion of the creation, fabrication, or modification of airgun moderators is prohibited. The discussion of any "adapters" used to convert an airgun moderator to a firearm silencer will result in immediate termination of the account.*

Anyone using an OVER-BORE bipod (and/) Pic rail extension?

I am exercising my day-dream muscles and have been interested in an Over Bore bipod. None of my guns currently have a long enough Pic rail to effectively use one, so that would be the next question - any suggestions for pic rail stretcher??

My N50 benchrest guns are highest on the list, but those all have short rails. My hunting rig is the best candidate as it is now, I can reverse the rail on that one. I am also leaning toward a new .22lr gun for the N50.

Hunting rig
KRAL Puncher Breaker with rail reversed shown
1664855399435.png

Bench guns
KRAL KNIGHT/Nemesis

1664855485657.png

T/CR 10/22 in Boyd's Evolution stock

1664855611131.png

Guns on wish list

Ruger Precision Rimfire
Savage B22 precision

Mostly fantasy at this point. I am fighting off getting a multi hundred to $1000 bench rest. I keep telling myself that Airguns are cheaper as a hobby than golf or motorcycles... But not by much 😉

Last edited:
How does the over bore bipod work out for you on the Bulldog? Does it feel more stable than the bottom rest bipods?
No. I wouldn’t say it’s more stable. It has a different feel as far a recoil is concerned. I really don’t use that gun much. I prefer bipods mounted from the bottom. The reason the over-the-bore bipods is on that particular Bulldogs is because the addition of a longer reservoir cut into the space where the bipod mounted on the bottom of the fore stock so there isn’t much room to mount a bipod. In fact that particular over-the-bore bipod isn’t even made anymore. I’ve seen one UTG pic rail bipod. Most others I’ve seen are two-section M-lok bipods so I think if you can’t affix a hand guard or something I don’t know if they’ll work.

Last edited:
Reactions: JimNM
OTB bipods seem mostly gimmicky to me, not that the stability isn't a good deal, it's just not really needed. I'd just get an Atlas, they're a fantastic value, and work dang near flawlessly.

Also, I don't want to go into forbidden topics, but, that Ruger will disappoint the hell out of you from an accuracy standpoint. Airguns ruin us - the accuracy of airguns is just out of this world compared to basically any off the shelf stuff you'd buy.

If you're going to do that, avoid the Ruger and just spend the $ on a Kidd... Otherwise, just do the smart thing and buy another airgun. :)

Reactions: JimNM
Thanks y'all, I appreciate the advice and common knowledge pool of the group. I work nights and often times I fall down a rabbit hole.
I am on the brink of a paradigm change and am trying not to go crazy waiting for the next train to pull into the station. Pre-retirement or mid life crisis? Can't say yet but I will know more in a few weeks.

Thanks again. Shoot'em good!

Reactions: Miami Airgunner
Reactions: Healthservices
OTB bipods seem mostly gimmicky to me, not that the stability isn't a good deal, it's just not really needed. I'd just get an Atlas, they're a fantastic value, and work dang near flawlessly.

Also, I don't want to go into forbidden topics, but, that Ruger will disappoint the hell out of you from an accuracy standpoint. Airguns ruin us - the accuracy of airguns is just out of this world compared to basically any off the shelf stuff you'd buy.

If you're going to do that, avoid the Ruger and just spend the $ on a Kidd... Otherwise, just do the smart thing and buy another airgun. :)
Not need it for the average pcp .. but certainly need it or more advantageous if you are shooting a recoil happy 52"+ texan.. they tend to go up .. and the over bore bipod changes that to a direct rear movement..really well buid all aluminum.. what I find gimmicky is those people trying to push a $500 over bore bipod fot the impact unless you insist in shooting 40g is really not needed..

Reactions: Miami Airgunner
Not need it for the average pcp .. but certainly need it or more advantageous if you are shooting a recoil happy 52"+ texan.. they tend to go up .. and the over bore bipod changes that to a direct rear movement..really well buid all aluminum.. what I find gimmicky is those people trying to push a $500 over bore bipod fot the impact unless you insist in shooting 40g is really not needed..

Totally fair, I worded my post a bit hastily - for me, even WITH that big old recoiling beast, I'd still just use a regular tripod or bag - same as I do with the stuff that makes several thousand ft/lbs of energy.

There are folks who really do need the OTB bipods, but they already know who they are, and EXACTLY why they need it - for the rest of us, it's just a GAS (gear acquisition syndrome) purchase.

Reactions: mercado
I tried in the past and just never could like the bipods, all my setups are tripod or one-piece rest for BR.
Another day I was really boring in my house and got an idea to rebuild one of my "clones" for OTB.
Tried it on my Leshiy2 at my gunclub... now first I must explain that for reloading you must open the action on L2, when I close it, I lost the bubble. That was an extra step why I didn't like much shooting the L2 from a tripod - putting/setting the bubble back.
With this DIY over the barrel bipod the weight pulls it back to bubble level. I don't know what or how the offshelf bipod could work anything else.
So for me Leshiy2 only, all the other guns using tripods with levelling head.

20220817_180354.jpg
20220819_191820.jpg

Reactions: Ezana4CE