Anyone Using a .22 Lothar Walther Polygon Barrel ?

I'm a little confused by the question. I have a dozen at least and none are that loose.

At any moment, there are usually 3 minimum on rifles. They vary a small amount but most all of them shoot quite well with JSB 13.4, 15.89, 18.1, and 25.4s at appropriate velocities. They also like NSA 20. 2 slugs. They're choked but not heavy. I've not shot a lot of slugs in them because they're choked but the only one good enough for me to consider using is the 20.2s. There is no ballistic advantage of those over the MRDs, so I shoot mainly MRDs.

All of mine are either 0.212" or 0.213" bores and I really can't say one size does better than the other.

The accuracy when used on our Red Wolfs is quite difficult to beat. @bluebaby and I have posted many groups and cards in the benchrest forum around EBR time in previous years and we're heading down there next week to compete.

I've also prepped a small number of Red Wolfs for Robert at AoA for different competitors and only 1 seemed mediocre. It's possible that they are at least somewhat sensitive to ammo quality because this has been the biggest headache for us... getting good ammo. There are5 a number of posts about that so no need to pursue it here.

Is this sort of what you were after?
Bob

I have one on my Boss, got a German blank and had it turned down.

Shoots a wide variety of NSA very well and barracuda match. NSA in the 20-28gr I've tried. Got the impact shortly after so I don't shoot it much. First world problems heh.
Do the German barrel specs match the US one? What diameter slugs were you shooting?

I have polygonal barrels on both my Taipans - .22 compact and .25 standard. Both are tack drivers. pic is 20 shots at 75yrds with my .25. 50gr AVS HP/BTs @ 930fps - 96fpe. fell off my reg. there at the end of that string.

20221114_103809.jpg