• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!
  • The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back to a traditional "Forum List" view, and/or "Light" mode click HERE.

Anyone use this Sightron SIII SS 10-50x60 for benchrest?

Last edited:
I’ve had a couple of them. They are big and heavy and not nearly as clear as the SVs…which are bigger and heavier. At 35x they are decently clear and the moa2 reticle is nice for 75 and 100. You don’t need a graduated reticle for 25 or 50…but you will for 75 and 100. It’s probably a good overall scope if you want to do everything.

Mike

I’ve had a couple of them. They are big and heavy and not nearly as clear as the SVs…which are bigger and heavier. At 35x they are decently clear and the moa2 reticle is nice for 75 and 100. You don’t need a graduated reticle for 25 or 50…but you will for 75 and 100. It’s probably a good overall scope if you want to do everything.

Mike
Thanks Mike what might you recommend for that price range $1500 -

Reactions: sadeqtm
I’m now thinking of this one with MOA-2.

I own this very scope (with a mil-hash reticle, love their MOA-2 , wasn't avail at the time). Pulled the trigger on it after a ton of research and found that this was the closest to a do all scope as far as I was concerned. Had it for 2 years and it is outstanding, no issues. Ideal for bench rest as it does add some weight to the rig. I feel like no target is out of reach or sight. Great glass, Paralex is easy to adjust with no blur edge to edge. I rarely go up to X50 as the FOV reduces as you go up, but I find that X35/X40 gives you plenty magnification.

Reactions: oledawg
I’m now thinking of this one.
I own this very scope (with a mil-hash reticle, love their MOA-2 , wasn't avail at the time). Pulled the trigger on it after a ton of research and found that this was the closest to a do all scope as far as I was concerned. Had it for 2 years and it is outstanding, no issues. Ideal for bench rest as it does add some weight to the rig. I feel like no target is out of reach or sight. Great glass, Paralex is easy to adjust with no blur edge to edge. I rarely go up to X50 as the FOV reduces as you go up, but I find that X35/X40 gives you plenty magnification.
Thanks for that long term to the point review, I think it will be wonderful on my Daystate Red Wolf. It may be a few weeks before I order it will post when I get it. Thanks to everyone who shared their opinions, knowledge is good.

it’s hard to get a do all scope. That’s a pretty good one, though. If you are ex or current military, law enforcement, etc…..you can get 40% off directly from Sightron on any scope. Just ask them.

Mike
Veterans program currently is 35% off listed retail as of phone with Sightron last week. The SIII scopes for the money are very good. The SVED is a big step up. I have 2 of them and love them. They have something new coming out first of the year. All Kevin would allude to was not more power but his words....Wait until you look through one. They are heavy but off the bench unless your trying to make a 10.5 lb class, so what. It will be more money, I would guess 3000.00. I already have a fund started,lol.