• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Anyone use a air stripper / muzzle break?

Real muzzle/functional brakes make the gun louder. They just help with the recoil/muzzle flip at the expense of high volume. I was shooting at the range the guy beside me had only a .243 but sitting beside a few feet away with plugs and muffs on I was getting pounded everytime he shot.

Why dont you just shoot it with heavies at 550-650? itll be quiet as we can get in Canada. (legally) You can shoot the gun accurately enough to hunt within 40-50m.

The Crown is a quite gun but in 25cal probably not so much. I don't know if they are legal here in Califonia but donny sent it to me. So the shroud on the Crown is nothing more than air volume without baffles right? Does that mean you could use a longer one or does the part need to be a factory part? My Mrod has baffles built in and I can buy a longer shroud to add more but nobody wants a longer gun.

The US model of the Crown I'm sure is quiet. Here I think we just get a muzzle brake like I have on my royale
1523395538_16508536635acd2bd25d0192.45519832_20180219_083024.jpg

The Crown maybe has a shrouded end of the barrel but no extendable moderator. The Canadian marauder has no baffles in the shroud lol. Its considered a firearm here so whether its loud or quiet makes little difference. To me anyways