Anyone try out the AirMaks Krait X?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hard not to have to fiddle with the gun when it has major flaws with the regulator that require.... fiddling with the gun.
Just FYI I am a very experienced airsmith with 20+ years of experience. None of my tinkering did anything but benefit this gun. For $1700 you shouldn't need to do a damn thing but put air in it and shoot it.

Also, imagine saying you shouldn't adjust a "high end" airgun that has an adjustable regulator, adjustable hammer spring, adjustable valve spring, adjustable cocking handle, adjustable butt stock, etc. :LOL:😂🤣

C'mon, now. :rolleyes:
Don't get your pantie's in knots. I have 30+ years experience and I really could care less what you do or don't do. get some crackers for your whine and move on. I'm simply stating I have 3 problem free AirMaks and I didn't need to do a thing too them and I consider myself lucky No childish emoji needed

Don't get your pantie's in knots. I have 30+ years experience and I really could care less what you do or don't do. get some crackers for your whine and move on. I'm simply stating I have 3 problem free AirMaks and I didn't need to do a thing too them and I consider myself lucky No childish emoji needed
This is no nonsense. I have one krait. I had it repaired twice at the company, and once they sent me a regulator. And it still sucks. Sorry, not for poop, but for 25 meters, at that price. I have 35 years of experience with weapons. I have several guns from different manufacturers and they are fine. I'm from Europe.

hey if you have the answer to his gun and your a 30 year guy of some sort why not solve the problem your self with 30 years of pcp repair you should have answers , i take it your a machinist and know exactly how to correct the guns problems ? with your credentials you should be able to fix these problems , it looked like a nice gun , so step up and get involved and instead of name calling show some answers ! were all waiting here , lets here some real answers !!! i want to hear , if you can solve the guns issues ,or know who can i think a lot of us are all ears .

I planned to bid this topic farewell but I saw someone quoted me so I felt obligated to reply to him. As Harry pointed out, there really is no need to make this topic ugly. I tried to be as open and objective as I possibly could. Not to drive the Krait into the dirt, but to help others that just have to have one no matter what anyone says. Kinda like the Ford Pinto. Came with a rear explosion feature but people kept buying them. My opinions about the Krait are fact based with no emotion. They should not produce a Krait in .25 except in the long barreled model. My Krait L had the barrel length, porting and plenum to produce more power than the gun actually would. The BRK Ghost doesn’t come in a mid size or peewee model in .25. I suspect because they are smart enough to know the gun can’t do it and compete with all the other little powerhouses in its weight class. Airmaks should follow suit. As far as the .22 Kraits go, if guys are happy with them, that’s great. Even though only one guy took my full and half full bottle challenge. I still won’t buy a .22 Krait because of how they have to be tuned. It seems to be working but it’s a bandaid tune that I’m not fond of. I might be nuts but if a Krait ll comes out and they get the valve and hammer system more in sinc, I would try another one.

hey if you have the answer to his gun and your a 30 year guy of some sort why not solve the problem your self with 30 years of pcp repair you should have answers , i take it your a machinist and know exactly how to correct the guns problems ? with your credentials you should be able to fix these problems , it looked like a nice gun , so step up and get involved and instead of name calling show some answers ! were all waiting here , lets here some real answers !!! i want to hear , if you can solve the guns issues ,or know who can i think a lot of us are all ears .
Name calling,??? 30 years of PCP repair???? What are you smoking???? You clearly make things up. Here is the answer you so desperately need so you can find peace. and move on.
Send me the gun and $25:00 and I will relive you of your nightmare's. Best of luck to you!

Name calling,??? 30 years of PCP repair???? What are you smoking???? You clearly make things up. Here is the answer you so desperately need so you can find peace. and move on.
Send me the gun and $25:00 and I will relive you of your nightmare's. Best of luck to you!
you said ...... this ..... and yes looks like disrespectful name calling to me , you dont read your own stuff ? you said this ..... .Don't get your pantie's in knots. I have 30+ years experience and I really could care less what you do or don't do. get some crackers for your whine and move on. I'm simply stating I have 3 problem free AirMaks and I didn't need to do a thing too them and I consider myself lucky No childish emoji needed ( so what ? OH YA you forgot you said this to a respectful member ?? )

Gentleman, behave yourselves.

Please re-read this first rule for AGN:
Exercise common sense and be considerate towards your fellow users. The diversity of opinion and intelligent civil discourse is encouraged; by the same token: rude, lewd, vulgar, obscene, flaming, baiting, trolling, hateful, threatening, insulting, violent, or slanderous content will not be tolerated. You may challenge others' points of view and opinions, but do so respectfully and thoughtfully.

Keep your posts civil. Emotional responses do not help anyone and make all involved look bad.

Last edited:
This topic is the perfect example of an arrogant engineer whose only been shooting airguns for 1 year and is now a self-proclaimed airgun expert. When was the last time you saw a new product that was perfect right out of the gate? I've got no qualms with someone pointing out things that can be improved. But instead of trying to work with a new company to improve their product he's made it his life's mission to trash talk it because of the lack of refinement of a single component.

$100 bucks says Air Shootist has applied for FX's ambassador program :LOL:

We encourage all members to share their personal experiences good or bad. The challenge I have with this thread is that certain members have blatant disregard for our rules. Does a component that needs refinement justify a members incessant defamation of a brand?

If you've purchased an AirMaks Arms product and it's not functioning as described by the Manufacturer then I suggest you return it for warranty repair.

This thread is being locked, and warnings will be issued to those who continue to break our rules.

-Michael

Status
Not open for further replies.