Status
Not open for further replies.
This evenings session.
The gun has set in the cabinet 14 days,
When put away reg read 120bar, 122/3 when taken out. Bottle 165bar in, 165 out
Speed in MPS ( meters😉 )
233, 246, 259,😭 260, 262, 262, 262, 263, 263, 263🥳
Let it sit 30 minutes.
254🥺 264, 266, 264, 265, 267 ( fired that one rather quickly ) 266, 266, 264, 266. I don't have an emoji for my thoughts of reasonably happy.
As above,Checked reg after first 10 , 120bar
Before second ten 120 ( maybe 121/2 )
After second 10 shots 120bar.

This is with Crosman prems so roughly 20ftlbf, turning the hammer in one and a half ( roughly) turns in, the gun goes to ( again roughly , by memory as I cannot find my scribbles ) 40ftlbf,
Please don't ask why I would want to be able to do this repeatedly, however I understand it's Not an efficient tune by any measure.

I still believe.

good luck.

Reactions: Mike_Lenardon
Yeah you get creep even after 30 minutes. You can add a little hammer spring tension to compensate for that so you can use the gun for a normal shooting session. It will buy you time to load a magazine or two. Big picture? This is silly. But if you’re committed to the gun it’s what you can do until they fix it. My gun is fine for now but I still want it the way it was supposed to be when I bought it.

Yeah you get creep even after 30 minutes. You can add a little hammer spring tension to compensate for that so you can use the gun for a normal shooting session. It will buy you time to load a magazine or two. Big picture? This is silly. But if you’re committed to the gun it’s what you can do until they fix it. My gun is fine for now but I still want it the way it was supposed to be when I bought it.
Thank you.

What $1700 gun was ever released that was nearly unusable? This isn’t just an occasional lemon. It’s an entire model that completely sucks for most people that have it. It’s not the customer’s job to have “patience” when purchasing a SEVENTEEN HUNDRED dollar rifle. It’s the manufacturer’s job to make sure it’s 100% ready to go before releasing it.
I can answer this, I had an early maverick. The second reg was bad(supposedly had a bad batch is what I was told). The macro hammer adjustment screw was a grub screw that ate into the power wheel. I had to buy a reg(huma) I had to buy the power wheel that was ate up….. but they sent me a grub screw…. Oh then I finally got them to send the newer cap head style screw. The reg was blamed on me, which I never touched, in the time I loaded a mag I would lose 50fpe if I rushed. Later I found out they had a bad batch. Every manufacturer has had issues, the newer mavericks are much better than the first batch.

I can answer this, I had an early maverick. The second reg was bad(supposedly had a bad batch is what I was told). The macro hammer adjustment screw was a grub screw that ate into the power wheel. I had to buy a reg(huma) I had to buy the power wheel that was ate up….. but they sent me a grub screw…. Oh then I finally got them to send the newer cap head style screw. The reg was blamed on me, which I never touched, in the time I loaded a mag I would lose 50fpe if I rushed. Later I found out they had a bad batch. Every manufacturer has had issues, the newer mavericks are much better than the first batch.
and where was your noise "squeaky wheel " ? if you put this out there maybe they could have kept trac of what was happening to you ,

I have a first batch Maverick and it shoots absolutely cash money. +/- like 5fps from 250 bar all the way down to 140 bar and I shoot sparrows with it at 150 yards with the stock liner, no joke.
1670889695356.png

The only messed up thing about it was no 20MOA rail - it was 0MOA or possibly negative MOA and I couldn't zero my scope at first. FX immediately acknowledged the problem, apologized, and sent me a corrected rail along with a few freebie parts. They didn't even need to do a V3, V4, V5, etc version of the rail to get it right - imagine that! 🤣 🤣 🤣 And get this, they were NICE to me about it! 🤣

That Airmaks Krait is a total rip off with its faulty reg. You can get an FX Maverick for the same price or spend a bit more to get a new FX Panthera (I have one on order!) or an Impact. The Krait would be OK if it had a reg that wasn't designed by shortbus riders AND if it was like $1000. It cannot even come close to competing with my Maverick in any way except that it seems to be a bit more rugged. I bet a $1000 Benjamin GuNnAr would outperform the Krait. Shame, too, because ergonomically the Krait is pretty nicely laid out and the features are pretty rich. I mean, except for the faulty reg and the non-functional anti-double-feed.... and probably some other stuff we haven't realized yet....🤡 I wanted to love this gun so much, too... Total heartbreaker. 💔

I feel bad for anyone who got ripped off by Airmaks and I make no apologies about ripping on Airmaks for this fiasco...
1670889515187.png

Anyone wanna bet on how many benchrest competitions will be won next year by an Airmaks Krait? 🤣🤣🤣

I have a first batch Maverick and it shoots absolutely cash money. +/- like 5fps from 250 bar all the way down to 140 bar and I shoot sparrows with it at 150 yards with the stock liner, no joke.
View attachment 313110

The only messed up thing about it was no 20MOA rail - it was 0MOA or possibly negative MOA and I couldn't zero my scope at first. FX immediately acknowledged the problem, apologized, and sent me a corrected rail along with a few freebie parts. They didn't even need to do a V3, V4, V5, etc version of the rail to get it right - imagine that! 🤣 🤣 🤣 And get this, they were NICE to me about it! 🤣

That Airmaks Krait is a total rip off with its faulty reg. You can get an FX Maverick for the same price or spend a bit more to get a new FX Panthera (I have one on order!) or an Impact. The Krait would be OK if it had a reg that wasn't designed by shortbus riders AND if it was like $1000. It cannot even come close to competing with my Maverick in any way except that it seems to be a bit more rugged. I bet a $1000 Benjamin GuNnAr would outperform the Krait. Shame, too, because ergonomically the Krait is pretty nicely laid out and the features are pretty rich. I mean, except for the faulty reg and the non-functional anti-double-feed.... and probably some other stuff we haven't realized yet....🤡 I wanted to love this gun so much, too... Total heartbreaker. 💔

I feel bad for anyone who got ripped off by Airmaks and I make no apologies about ripping on Airmaks for this fiasco...
View attachment 313108

Anyone wanna bet on how many benchrest competitions will be won next year by an Airmaks Krait? 🤣🤣🤣
Did your maverick have a grub screw or cap head screw for the macro hammer spring adjuster? Mine was a grub screw that ate into the power wheel. Once everything was fixed I sold it with everything disclosed. It shot really good once I had it lined out, but I lost confidence in it so it just sat.

Probably the same amount that will be won with a Maverick.
**begrudgingly readies FX Maverick for 2023 bench events** 🤣 🤣

The Maverick certainly COULD compete. RMAC was won with a Crown this year. Most everyone uses FX. I don't see any Airmaks guns on there, I wonder why?

1670894250459.png

Anyway, I'm starting to sound like a fanboi. I have no allegiances to any manufacturer, but I'll certainly try to warn others about bad ones so they don't end up out $1700. Make no mistake: I really feel for every Krait owner and hope they get a solution soon, from Airmaks themselves or otherwise.

I'm sure I'll talk to ya at some point this week so you can give me the update on your progress with yours! Fingers crossed for ya, buddy. 🤞

Cranky, I have a cap head screw. Never an issue with that pre-ordered first run Maverick 22 at all. Just a great gun.

I will say I had a few issues with my 2022 Mav .30. Namely it had a slight leak outta the front reg vent and the hammer was binding a bit due to it smashing the little hammer grabber pin when the cocking handle grub screws let loose - which was causing erratic velocities at times. It went back and forth to FX twice, with them always providing a shipping label. They replaced the messed up hammer + cocking rod, and in the end they solved the leak by giving me a grab bag of expensive parts (complete bottle adapter + extra reg). Nobody knows why I'd get that nagging leak outta the reg vent hole up front, sometimes it would be there and sometimes not, but in the end it was solved by FX who took full responsibility for the gun.

Dens - sorry, you're right. But sometimes comparing the gun in question to other guns in the same price range is still what I would consider on topic. It could be helpful to those considering the Krait. Just my 2 cents.

A lot of great guns don’t compete at these type of events because one, they are not bench rest guns and two the manufacturers aren’t sponsoring someone to shoot them. My little Krait L is definitely not a benchrest gun but maybe the Krait Elongated might be capable. Going to need a spot on reg first. Once you get your reg issue ironed out, if you can ever hop off the slug bandwagon long enough, I would like to see what that gun can do with pellets. Mine was phenomenal at 75. Tried 100 the other night and it was still surprisingly good. I didn’t shoot long enough because the heat from my house was causing a distorted view of my target. So I didn’t put a stamp on the groups I shot being the best the gun is capable of. To be clear I have no intention of my L being my 100 yard gun. Just did it to see what it could do.

Reactions: AirShootist
Dens - sorry, you're right. But sometimes comparing the gun in question to other guns in the same price range is still what I would consider on topic. It could be helpful to those considering the Krait. Just my 2 cents.
I get it but the last back and forth was more about whether or not the Maverick sucks........lol
By the way, I have a Maverick and love it.

Reactions: AirShootist
Status
Not open for further replies.