Anyone try out the AirMaks Krait X?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The bite marks on the pin are from a lathe when making the pins I believe. You can tighten it to the spool with your fingers and they use a light loc-tite.
Hmm...yeah...no. WAY too many indications, and WAY too uneven to be caused by any lathe that I've ever seen ! Unless it was done by a WELL used up lathe and the setup was done by a 4th grader.

Mike

Here is a graph with actual data from the V2 vs V3 Reg. I took the V3 reg data yesterday. It is bizarrely similar the the V2 reg data I took on 11/05...

I have an absolutely scathing review ready. Even though I've already been way too nice and given this gun way too many chances & benefits of the doubt, I am gonna give you a call @Vetmx just as a quick sanity check before I post my video...

graph.JPG

Still looks like too much hammer strike with the V3.
I don't think so. It gets on consistency "nodes" where it hits the same velocity a bunch of times in a row, but as the tank pressure continues to change, so do the velocities. I think the hammer is pretty tuned, or at least respectably enough to not get this kind of awful performance. The hammer spring adjuster is turned in exactly 1/16 of a turn from factory. We did not touch the valve adjuster, because most consumers of this gun would not open up that panel to touch that and we feel it should be pretty reasonable set from the factory.

I filmed & chrono'd every shot we took with this thing, with the 5 mag strings we shot indoors having no editing cuts (each) so you can see exactly what this gun is doing in real time.

I am doing a bit of what you pointed out that I was doing before, which is questioning MYSELF on something (probably needlessly..). So when you get outta that tree stand call me and I'll just double check my sanity with you on 1 thing before I post this video. Of course, I want to be fair and do justice to Airmaks and this gun, so eliminating any potential user error is important to me. (I'm about 99% sure there isn't any user error, the 1% is what gets to me)

Ok. My gun sat dormant since November 24th so about 11 days. It has 2 regs so the Krait reg only had no more than 170b leaning on it. Looking at the gauge I could see the reg crept from 139b to 142b. The gun still had half a mag in it of H&N‘s from my last testing and they were around 880fps according to my notes. First shot dual regged after 11 days was 830fps. Then all my other shots fell perfectly into the 880+or- range. So like I was saying on the previous page, once a creeper always a creeper, even with 2 regs. It just creeps less because your not leaning on it so hard. Here is my opinion of what’s up with this gun. My two M3 Impacts have two regs. My second regs creep a little. It’s expected and it’s not a big deal if your gun is tuned right. Your hammer strike will overcome that little bit of creep no problem. With the Airmaks system, it is very difficult to overcome even a tiny bit of creep without getting a wildly high first shot or a wildly low first shot. Like I said numerous times, the gun is hypersensitive to tuning. You cannot be a I’ll just wing it wreckless tuning guy with this gun. Would I recommend this gun for the masses? No. The masses can’t handle it unless they get a gun that’s spot on when it arrives on their doorstep. But how long will that last until Mr Creep shows up? I opted to keep mine simply because I’m enamored with how sensitive it is and how crisp the gun is when I shoot it. I’m definitely not in over my head with projects like this. They fascinate me. Can they fix this gun and get a single reg with guys wanting to fill to 300b gun to not creep long term? No. Very, very, very curious what they plan to do.

I'm wanting to pull a trigger on getting the krait, anyone knows if the reg creep issues been fixed?
DO NOT buy this gun. It is absolute junk. Check out my 2nd video on my Youtube channel. Will upload later today.

The reg creeps and that is undisputable. This is 3 attempts at a reg from Airmaks and they all SUCK. Plus Airmaks has absolute garbage customer service.

(Sorry, not sorry!)

I'm wanting to pull a trigger on getting the krait, anyone knows if the reg creep issues been fixed?
I’ve had a lot of guns that weren’t perfect but the user could make them better and be fine. With this gun, no. They or Huma is going to have to build a reg that doesn’t creep. This guns hammer system and valve just can’t deal with any creep. A reg that doesn’t creep a couple bar is not going to be an easy task for them. Do not buy it unless you want to join the race to fix it.

I’ve had a lot of guns that weren’t perfect but the user could make them better and be fine. With this gun, no. They or Huma is going to have to build a reg that doesn’t creep. This guns hammer system and valve just can’t deal with any creep. A reg that doesn’t creep a couple bar is not going to be an easy task for them. Do not buy it unless you want to join the race to fix it.
Thank you soo much.

At this point it may be advisable to open up the Airmaks reg completely and only use your bottle reg.
I agree, someone (Huma, we are looking at you!) will need to design a reg that actually works. I think it needs to be a push reg with internal bellevilles rather than a pull reg with external bellevilles. Will definitely be a tall order.....
Have I mentioned how terrible I feel for recommending this as my cousin's first PCP? :cry::cry::cry::cry:

Unfortunately bottle regs creep also. They are probably the worst creepers for some reason. But a little creep is just not a big deal to most guns. The only thing I don’t understand and makes me mad is Airmaks themselves. What bothers me more than they can’t fix the gun is they aren’t putting anything out about the issue. You can try to spin the issue with some YouTube vidiots putting out videos about the gun being just fine but that’s not going to fix guys guns. But it will keep selling them. Because they aren’t putting anything out to help, it causes speculation. So I put myself in their shoes. I just put out thousands of guns. They don’t work and we can’t fix it without a complete redesign. Do I publicly admit I have a problem and kill all sales moving forward? Do I keep quiet and work frantically trying to fix it? Then upgrade all the guns that are sold and I already made bank on.

Status
Not open for further replies.