Anyone try out the AirMaks Krait X?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolutely DO NOT buy an Airmaks gun.

They are imposters in the high end game with their high price tag but with awful manufacturing and terrible performance. I can be quoted saying they are the ugly smelly girl of the airgun world who tries to fit in with the pretty/popular girls by slapping on a ton of makeup and perfume - but the real ones can easily spot her for what she is: an imposter!

For the price of this Krait you could get an FX Maverick or Wildcat, which are both infinitely better guns than any Airmaks. In my opinion the Krait isn't even worth $700, let alone $1700!! Save yourself major headaches and buy an actual good gun that has actual good customer support. There are tons of videos on my channel about our journey with this thing if the myriad of comments on this thread aren't enough evidence for ya.
Thought you had your Krait all sorted out?
What about the Katran or the Caiman?
I have a Caiman and it's a super solid platform.
I understand that you're not at all happy with Airmaks. My original gun was efing junk. Sent it back, replacement still going strong.

ohhh you guys ... mike VV loves this company that makes these guns , he already called me a juvenile for calling them a pos , ohh mike vv will be upset to here this ... ohhh , but i thank you guys for reporting because i thought that gun looked great like you guys did , you guys saved alot of people problems ! at least we can see what we would be up against if we thought we had to have one of those , but i do hope you guys get something figured out , you guys have worked hard trying to make this gun shoot good , hope it gets resolved , sure looked like a good gun ,

Reactions: Mike_Lenardon
I would like to bid this topic farewell. Done with the Krait. UA was great throughout the whole experience but the best they could do just wasn’t good enough for me and comparing the Krait to every other gun in its weight class. Remember, mine was a .25. The gun just does’t have the balls to match up with anything its size all the way down to a $700 gun. You .22 guys, enjoy yours, UA pretty much is getting them figured out. I’ve sold some of the stuff from my Krait to guys that participated in this topic first. And cheap. If anyone needs an ARCA rail or a first reg that I never showed anyone that I was using, hit me with a pm. I wanted this to be my pellet shooting hunting gun this fall so bad. But those dudes at UA worked with me and I have a new gun coming and I’m blown away with that place. They could have told me to pound sand, your putt putt is on its way back to you, it’s fixed. Instead they worked with me and sold another gun.

• Love
Reactions: AirShootist
I would like to bid this topic farewell. Done with the Krait. UA was great throughout the whole experience but the best they could do just wasn’t good enough for me and comparing the Krait to every other gun in its weight class. Remember, mine was a .25. The gun just does’t have the balls to match up with anything its size all the way down to a $700 gun. You .22 guys, enjoy yours, UA pretty much is getting them figured out. I’ve sold some of the stuff from my Krait to guys that participated in this topic first. And cheap. If anyone needs an ARCA rail or a first reg that I never showed anyone that I was using, hit me with a pm. I wanted this to be my pellet shooting hunting gun this fall so bad. But those dudes at UA worked with me and I have a new gun coming and I’m blown away with that place. They could have told me to pound sand, your putt putt is on its way back to you, it’s fixed. Instead they worked with me and sold another gun.
What gun did you get?

• Wow
Reactions: joelayfield
You know, kids nowadays don’t want a BB gun. They want what all the cool guys are shooting on YouTube. So the logical thing was for someone to capitalize on it and make some money. It’s being sent off to have Ernest, the “master himself” tune it. Hopefully it’s all done so the kid I bought it for can compete in the PeeWee PRS division at the Northeast Airgun Classic.

Reactions: North East Airguns
Joking aside, I got a M3 compact .25. Between regs, and tins of pellets fired, I had more in that Krait than a M3 anyhow. Haven’t had an Impact pellet gun since 2016. It was a .177 and short lived. My last 4 were all tiny bullet shooters. This one will be a pellet gun. Not bolting any extra junk or fluff on it. It will be as light as the Krait, as small as the Krait and 30 times more versatile. The M3 shortcomings will be addressed the day I receive it with a tear down and then I can just shoot it.

Joking aside, I got a M3 compact .25. Between regs, and tins of pellets fired, I had more in that Krait than a M3 anyhow. Haven’t had an Impact pellet gun since 2016. It was a .177 and short lived. My last 4 were all tiny bullet shooters. This one will be a pellet gun. Not bolting any extra junk or fluff on it. It will be as light as the Krait, as small as the Krait and 30 times more versatile. The M3 shortcomings will be addressed the day I receive it with a tear down and then I can just shoot it.
Fascinating,
But this is a Krait thread, so take your FX fan boy B/S somewhere else.
😉
Hope it's a success for you Vetmx, thanks for your input and effort regards the Krait.

Hi,

Can anyone who still has the Krait let me know what the hammer spring dimensions are please, OD, ID, Length and Wire please ?

My friend borrowed mine, when night shooting and started modifying it. To cut a long story short, he lost the hammer spring. :(

Tried contacting AirMaks but no reply. :(

Thanks
Tried UA?

Reactions: cybernet69
You know, kids nowadays don’t want a BB gun. They want what all the cool guys are shooting on YouTube. So the logical thing was for someone to capitalize on it and make some money. It’s being sent off to have Ernest, the “master himself” tune it. Hopefully it’s all done so the kid I bought it for can compete in the PeeWee PRS division at the Northeast Airgun Classic.
WHEWWWW!!!!!!! look forward to see you out at N.A.C makes sure you say HI!!!

Thanks
Chris
PSC (PRS Style) Event Coordinator

Reactions: AirShootist
Absolutely DO NOT buy an Airmaks gun.

They are imposters in the high end game with their high price tag but with awful manufacturing and terrible performance. I can be quoted saying they are the ugly smelly girl of the airgun world who tries to fit in with the pretty/popular girls by slapping on a ton of makeup and perfume - but the real ones can easily spot her for what she is: an imposter!

For the price of this Krait you could get an FX Maverick or Wildcat, which are both infinitely better guns than any Airmaks. In my opinion the Krait isn't even worth $700, let alone $1700!! Save yourself major headaches and buy an actual good gun that has actual good customer support. There are tons of videos on my channel about our journey with this thing if the myriad of comments on this thread aren't enough evidence for ya.
Badmouth, whine and bitch all you like -
I now have four AirMaks guns, and not a single problem with ANY...of them, including my...Krait !
All hold air well in the cylinder, NONE..."leak" from the regulator !! The digital gauge...tells me so.

Mike

Badmouth, whine and bitch all you like -
I now have four AirMaks guns, and not a single problem with ANY...of them, including my...Krait !
All hold air well in the cylinder, NONE..."leak" from the regulator !! The digital gauge...tells me so.

Mike
I have two, a Caiman and a Krait. Both are great to shoot and problem free.

It seems that those of us that DO NOT fiddle, tinker and adjust the guns have much better luck with them.
I have 3 trouble free AirMaks I hope they come out with more.
Hard not to have to fiddle with the gun when it has major flaws with the regulator that require.... fiddling with the gun.
Just FYI I am a very experienced airsmith with 20+ years of experience. None of my tinkering did anything but benefit this gun. For $1700 you shouldn't need to do a damn thing but put air in it and shoot it.

Also, imagine saying you shouldn't adjust a "high end" airgun that has an adjustable regulator, adjustable hammer spring, adjustable valve spring, adjustable cocking handle, adjustable butt stock, etc. :LOL:😂🤣

C'mon, now. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.