Anyone try out the AirMaks Krait X?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bought it an $80 ticket to travel out west. Hope it enjoys its vacation and comes back refreshed and ready to work. After the gun boarded the train and we said our goodbyes, I started thinking my power loss could have been caused by a bum oring on the valve. The Krait doesn’t have orings on the barrel. But when you slide the back of the gun off, you have a cylindrical housing that contains the valve. On each side of the transfer port there’s an oring. Looks just like a barrel with orings on it. If I was losing pressure when I shot, I would never feel air coming from that area. The orings are as thin as a hair on a horses tail so it wouldn’t take much to get blow by. Oh well, UA can figure it out. At least it has a 24 month warranty.

UA is working with Huma and Air Max constantly. In fact, they are sending a new monoblock over to Huma so they can update the design for the new one. That shipment should go out next week. The lead tech is very interested in making sure these guns work for people as best as possible, that's who I've been working with on mine that I just picked up. It seems to be going decently and they are expecting huma regulators to be shipped to them shortly. If your gun needs it they may be able to just swap an old block and the huma reg on to get it working correctly.

UA is working with Huma and Air Max constantly. In fact, they are sending a new monoblock over to Huma so they can update the design for the new one. That shipment should go out next week. The lead tech is very interested in making sure these guns work for people as best as possible, that's who I've been working with on mine that I just picked up. It seems to be going decently and they are expecting huma regulators to be shipped to them shortly. If your gun needs it they may be able to just swap an old block and the huma reg on to get it working correctly.
I’ve been in fairly regular communication with the one tech at UA since I got mine in November. This problem child caught them with their pants down but they have been great and we both shared our findings as we moved along. What I like is he has been perfectly honest with me about things. Good and bad. He has never once tried to BS me. I know what we’re dealing with and so do they. I know they didn’t build this gun so I don’t treat them like they did. I haven’t sent a gun in for repair since my first Impact in 2016. Vowed to never do it again but hopefully the turn around will be in a respectable timeframe. I have my gen 1 block sitting here and my Huma will be here Wednesday. All UA has to do is figure out why I lost considerable power with both blocks and I’ll be satisfied.

Sad deal for everyone involved. Airmaks is an imposter to the high-end market and nobody will ever change my mind on that.

Hope you get your gun back somewhat working, Vet. You'll probably never get rid of the inexplicable POI shifts and the plethora of other problems that come with these things, but you're a hunter and if it works out for minute-of-squirrel at 50 yards and under then maybe you'll be OK using it for that.

Reactions: AKairgunner907
Bought it an $80 ticket to travel out west. Hope it enjoys its vacation and comes back refreshed and ready to work. After the gun boarded the train and we said our goodbyes, I started thinking my power loss could have been caused by a bum oring on the valve. The Krait doesn’t have orings on the barrel. But when you slide the back of the gun off, you have a cylindrical housing that contains the valve. On each side of the transfer port there’s an oring. Looks just like a barrel with orings on it. If I was losing pressure when I shot, I would never feel air coming from that area. The orings are as thin as a hair on a horses tail so it wouldn’t take much to get blow by. Oh well, UA can figure it out. At least it has a 24 month warranty.
at this point if something got boogered up from fixing POS its not your fault , i will never buy anything from that company ! no parts pices or anything after watching this , the world is insane enough as it is !

Messing something up from constantly having to mess with the gun can happen even if you know what you’re doing. But this gun is simple and doesn’t involve tricks of the trade when disassembling. I think the sudden power loss with my gun is valve related. And I never disassembled the valve. As far as POI shifts go, look back on page 14 at my shot strings. This was fill to refill for 54 shots or so with a 300cc bottle. For 2.5 months I shot the gun this way and it was crazy accurate with two different pellets and I experienced zero POI shifts. The reason is because I had a stable reg set point across my tanks pressure range. When I put the new block and reg on my gun, I did all my tuning at 30 yards with every single shot fired over a chronograph. I got to the point that if I saw a pellet land on the bullseye, I knew my speed was 880-895fps. When I saw a pellet land an inch away at 2:00, I knew the gun fired that shot hot. I’d look at the chronograph and it would be 905+fps. Stable quick responding reg equals a happy gun. We are not high power guys. Low power is the loopy CO2 power levels the UK guys shoot. High power is guys who shoot MRD or King Heavy’s 950+fps. Us 880-900fps pellet guys are just what a run of the mill gun should be able to shoot out of the box.

If I get my gun back and it’s spot on with one reg at the velocity I want, my first stage reg and Huma can sit in a box forever. But I’m not holding my breath. So far it seems I’m the only guy on the planet with a L in .25. My gun required at least a 133-137b reg setting. You guys with the 22’s seem to be using a much lower reg setting. That gives you more room when tuning because you can shut down the valve and make it back up with more hammer strike. When I tuned my gun that way, I was having to set my hammer strike to where I didn’t like the shot harmonics. There is a point with every gun when you anger it with too much strike. I would bet your UA tuned 22’s have the hammer strike set right about where my .25 is with my valve preload backed all the way off and reg at 135b. It’s right on the edge of the gun becoming unsettled when you squeeze the trigger.

Reactions: Mike_Lenardon
Oh and Mike, you’ll be happy to know that the gun left me no choice but to stick a digital gauge on the plenum. If the gun ever earns the right, I’ll happily take it off. Right now it has to be supervised. Here it is with its umbilical cord waiting for nutrients so I could continue testing.

C82D006F-F765-431E-A770-69EA6E571F12.jpeg

Reactions: Mike_Lenardon
Status
Not open for further replies.