Anyone try out the AirMaks Krait X?

Status
Not open for further replies.
"The system of the Airmaks Krait X comes with a 60 cc plenum, large enough for quite some power. As said before, the regulator can be adjusted externally without having to rid the airgun of air. Once the stock is extended, the set screw for the hammer spring appears, which can be loosened or tightened with an allen/inbus key to increase or decrease the power output of the Krait X."

Source: https://www.krale.shop/us/airmaks-krait-x/

Reactions: Maizen
If history repeats itself then they will get them in late October. If so this will be the third year in a row that I ordered a gun from them months in advance hoping to take it with me when I go on my 30 day hunting trip. Never fails, I get to camp and have to contact them and tell them not to ship it until I return. Like every year, I would like to take it with me for something to do on my down time but I’m not holding my breath. Fingers crossed that it will get here by the 23rd.

I'll have a USA-based review of the Krait X on my YT channel soon. There is a teaser up on my channel already with a lot of close up shots, if you're interested. Sub and stay tuned.

Truth be told - I had a review all done with 2 days into filming and maybe 15 hours into editing + hundreds of .22 slugs used - but I just couldn't get this gun to be consistent. Before publishing that review I decided to be nice and reach out to Airmaks because there was obviously a problem with the reg. It would get severe creep (30+ bar) when the bottle was filled up all the way. Not only that but the velocity would go from 1000fps down to like 900 before I even went under the reg pressure. Almost like an unregulated gun. The reg was only somewhat working.

Anyway, the folks at Airmaks acknowledged the issue stating that they had already been sending out replacement regs. So I am getting one, and then I will re-do my entire review of this thing. I want to like this gun so much. It's durable as hell and the build quality is solid. But build quality means nothing if it can't hold a steady velocity. It's a precision gun and it needs to shoot like one, and to do that you obviously need a properly working regulator for consistent velocities..

I have no relationship to Airmaks, I have 0 sponsors, and that is why you will always get the truth from me. However - I will say that Airmaks was very cool to me when they replied and took ownership of the issue, which is why I am going to be a fair person and re-do the whole review (hopefully with better results). Sometimes things happen in manufacturing, that's just a fact. Sometimes there are bugs with a new product. What matters more than the bugs are whether or not the manufacturer is going to take ownership of problems with their products - and in this case it looks like they are.

Stay tuned to my channel for more on this, folks.

**Update: Airmaks has shipped the reg and I will have it on Monday 10/17 (per tracking #). That is pretty fast!

1665707427498.jpeg

Last edited:
KRAIT X UPDATE: The new reg has arrived about a week after reaching Airmaks. Not bad for shipping to USA from Europe. Looks to be stainless and a new, rounded design rather than a blued steel flat design.
I will install when time permits and then re-shoot a whole new review. The previous review was finished, but never published due to me being nice and seeing if I could resolve this gun's problem before putting out a not-so-great review on it.
In my "take 2" review for this thing I will be letting you guys see how this gun is over the chronograph now, groups at 50 yards, maybe 100 yards, testing for creep, testing for dwindling velocities, etc. I want my viewers to always get a 100% real and unbiased look at gear before they spend their hard earned dough on it!

Keeping my fingers crossed for great results! I wanna love this gun so much!

And thanks to Airmaks for standing behind their products!

1666208044160.png

Recently got to check out a new AirMaks Krait from Krale. The reg came set at about 105.

I've attached 2 snapshots of the velocities from 6-shot groups for about 20 kinds of pellets.
No accuracy data was taken. The gun was not cleaned or adjusted in any way before the pellets were shot over a chrony.

Some pellets were shot only few seconds apart, others about 10 seconds apart. No watching for regulator creep just velocities. Just wanted to know how it was set up right out of the box.

For a size comparison, here are some pictures of it alongside an Edgun Leshiy2 with 250mm barrel.

JP

Airmaks Krait 22 cal Velocity Tests (1 of 2).jpg

Airmaks Krait 22 cal Velocity Tests (2 of 2).jpg

Attachments

• 1a.jpg
    1a.jpg
    523.4 KB · Views: 87
  • 2a.jpg
    2a.jpg
    432.3 KB · Views: 78
  • 3a.jpg
    3a.jpg
    446.1 KB · Views: 77
Last edited:
The only video I saw about the gun before I bought mine the guys regs were creeping but he was too dumb or excited to notice. Was hoping it would be just a break in period thing. I guess not. What I am curious about is will the ones Utah receive have junker regs or updated regs. Did Airmaks mention anything about some of their guns already having good regs in them before shipped? Or do we all have to get new regs shipped from across the pond? Not real thrilled about this. It’s like a broken record in this industry.

Status
Not open for further replies.