Anyone try light slugs out of RAW .22cal

Like Ross above, I shoot the NSA 17.5gr .2175 thru mine that's de-tuned @ 935-ish. If yours is the full factory tune, you should try 20-23gr NSA first off with a sample pack to find the diameter slug your barrel likes. Remember, slugs that fit your barrel properly with go slower than a pellet of the same weight because of the friction needed to spin stabilize the slug. I shoot 18gr JSB @ 950fps and 17.5gr slugs on same tune are 935fps but POI is higher.

Reactions: Sc0- and rsfrid
I shoot my own slugs Corbin press.217 I started with 20 grain and went up in one grain steps upto 30 grain I have settled on 25 grain dish base at 950 fps and can get about an inch at 100 yards .
I have found speed seems to make more of a difference than barrel type

F21342F1-8AF2-41CE-AA3A-8CE8E12BE5A2.jpeg

Just a follow up. I received some FX 22 gr hybrids the other day. Wasn't an optimal day do to windy conditions. The Hybrids did pretty well. I have a standard tune from Martin. Shooting JSB 25.9 redesigns at 950fps. Without changing anything the Hybrids are doing 985fps. At 52 yards the hybrids where shooting about 1' higher and holding as good or better groups then the pellets. Learning continues....

Jerry

Just a follow up. I received some FX 22 gr hybrids the other day. Wasn't an optimal day do to windy conditions. The Hybrids did pretty well. I have a standard tune from Martin. Shooting JSB 25.9 redesigns at 950fps. Without changing anything the Hybrids are doing 985fps. At 52 yards the hybrids where shooting about 1' higher and holding as good or better groups then the pellets. Learning continues....

Jerry
I don’t think I’ve ever heard of a barrel that doesn’t shoot hybrids. I personally never tried them, as I think the price is insane.

I have an FX .22 superior liner barrel in my raw. Permanently bonded into a 16mm steel tube.
AZ set me up with that.

Currently I’m shooting nsa 20.2gr really really well.
17gr nsa seemed to perform well to. I’ll reconsider once I’llbuy more slugs. Might even go heavier,

I don’t think I’ve ever heard of a barrel that doesn’t shoot hybrids. I personally never tried them, as I think the price is insane.

I have an FX .22 superior liner barrel in my raw. Permanently bonded into a 16mm steel tube.
AZ set me up with that.

Currently I’m shooting nsa 20.2gr really really well.
17gr nsa seemed to perform well to. I’ll reconsider once I’llbuy more slugs. Might even go heavier,
Is that the standard superior or the heavy superior liner? Probably doesn’t matter if it’s bonded to the steel tube.

Also, for the NSA’s your shooting, what diameter are they and what speed are you shooting them?

Thanks!

Is that the standard superior or the heavy superior liner? Probably doesn’t matter if it’s bonded to the steel tube.

Also, for the NSA’s your shooting, what diameter are they and what speed are you shooting them?

Thanks!
Superior liner.

I’ve shot them anywhere for 850 to 950 fps.
They don’t seem to lose or gain accuracy.

.216 and .2165 diameter
Between those two sizes…I haven't really noticed much difference.